Best way to organize apps?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ashton18, Oct 17, 2014.

1. ashton18 macrumors regular

ashton18

Hello!

I've owned pretty much every iPhone except for the iPhone 3G, and currently I have the 6 Plus.

I've always organized my apps into folders by type of app, for example: Utilities, Productivity, Games, Travel, Shopping, etc.

I'm really tired of doing this; my homescreen has been pretty much identical with every iteration of devices and it just feels old.

I know some people organize them alphabetically, some by action and others by usage frequency.

What do you guys recommend?

Do you mind sharing a screenshot, just to get a general idea of what it would look like?

Thanks for taking the time to read and respond, it's much appreciated.

2. CoyoteRidge macrumors member

You must have a really interesting life.

3. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

by frequency, dock is obviously 4 most commonly used

4. ashton18 thread starter macrumors regular

ashton18

Why's that?

5. nepalisherpa macrumors 68020

nepalisherpa

Dock has important apps (Phone, Maps, and Weather) and a folder with all apps in it. The main homescreen has my most frequently used apps.

6. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

I organize mine a lot like you do. Except I do it by screen. I do not like icons cluttering my screen and my iPhone is jailbroken so I organize things by type but with only five icons per screen. My dock has one icon (5 icon dock) and it's dead center. It's a folder that contains all my stuff as it relates to the phone. Phone, messages, email, settings, etc.

I have one screen left blank because sometimes I prefer not to see any icons at all. My second screen is for social apps, my third (my main screen) for time/weather, fourth for Cydia, App store and internet apps.

The rest are organized by music, media, documents, video, etc. I select the apps I use the most and those are the ones on the screen. Everything else goes into a folder if there are multiple apps of the same type. That folder usually ends up being on the right hand side.

Right now, I have to make things work with iBlanks because Gridlock has not been released yet. So, there are a row of invisible icons pushing the apps down into the second row so my weather widget shows on my springboard.

This is how I do it. I don't get bored by it because I know where everything is and I prefer this.

Attached Files:

7. Blorzoga macrumors 68030

Blorzoga

Four folders of alphabetized (A-F, G-L, M-R, S-Z), then the rest of the screen filled with frequently used ones. Vital ones in dock (phone, safari, messages, email)