Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ghost31

macrumors 68040
Jun 9, 2015
I just started using pro tube because the official YouTube app sucks so much and doesn't include support for new features like split screen and multitasking. So far it seems great! Lots faster, watching a lot more YouTube videos while doing other crap....only downside is you can't reply to YouTube comments on it. But I suspect an update will fix that.

max2

macrumors 603
Original poster
May 31, 2015
I just started using pro tube because the official YouTube app sucks so much and doesn't include support for new features like split screen and multitasking. So far it seems great! Lots faster, watching a lot more YouTube videos while doing other crap....only downside is you can't reply to YouTube comments on it. But I suspect an update will fix that.

That is if a update ever happens.

Reactions: haruhiko

Jsameds

Suspended
Apr 22, 2008
Jailbreak Plugins:
Adblocker - $2
Youtubed - Free

No ads and background audio all within the official YT app.

AppleRobert

macrumors 603
Nov 12, 2012
Which app allows resolution above 1080p or is there a limit on how high an Ipad can go for youtube videos?

garyleecn

macrumors 6502a
Jul 25, 2014
dont like the UI of protube, but love it comes with 1080p and PIP at the same time...
tubex doesnt have PIP (or i just couldnt find it?) and doesnt support paid version to remove ads..
youplayer only allows up to 720p

one thing good about official youtube app it the dynamic resolution selection based on network situation.

haruhiko

macrumors 604
Sep 29, 2009
I have deleted the official YouTube app so that I don't get kicked into it whenever I click on a link to youtube.com. On my iPad Pro, now I just "Request Desktop site" (from the share sheet of Safari on iOS 9) every time when I go to YouTube.com on Safari. By doing this, I can get the desktop UI with Picture in Picture available on videos. But yes there will be ads.

garyleecn

macrumors 6502a
Jul 25, 2014
I have deleted the official YouTube app so that I don't get kicked into it whenever I click on a link to youtube.com. On my iPad Pro, now I just "Request Desktop site" (from the share sheet of Safari on iOS 9) every time when I go to YouTube.com on Safari. By doing this, I can get the desktop UI with Picture in Picture available on videos. But yes there will be ads.
doesn't it take you a long time to load a video?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.