iPad mini BestBuy iPad Mini $299 with $100 Gift Card

Discussion in 'iPad' started by EDH667, Nov 27, 2013.

1. EDH667 macrumors 6502a

EDH667

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Its a nice deal, though too bad its not been extended to the rMini. For those looking for a small tablet this makes the iPad Mini more appealing however.

3. dmk1974 macrumors 68000

dmk1974

Interesting. I guess I didn't realize that they had space gray for this model (thought just white and slate). I may get one for my son.

4. EDH667 thread starter macrumors 6502a

EDH667

They announced the new Space Gray 1st generation iPad Mini during the October Media Event.

5. dmk1974 macrumors 68000

dmk1974

Thanks. Any advantages functionally of the newer space gray version over the slate for iPad Mini 1?

6. EDH667 thread starter macrumors 6502a

EDH667

I believe it has the same internals but the Space Gray may be a little less fingerprint prone and it also matches the newer models of the Air and rMini.

7. ScottNWDW macrumors 65816

ScottNWDW

The only thing that changed was the color of the outer shell from slate to space grey. Other than that it is the same iPad mini inside. The color was changed for consistency in the product lines.

8. deeddawg macrumors 604

Nice find OP, thanks for posting!

BBY gift card isn't as useful to me as a Walmart GC but it sure beats standing in line. Picked one up as a potential gift for a family member.

Go in via shopdiscover.com for additional 5% if you have a Discover card.

9. double329 macrumors 6502

Real nice deal... Added it my shopping card... I just couldn't do it. Not for the first gen for me. Damn it... MUST RESIST....

10. deeddawg macrumors 604

I struggled with that too... Coming from a cellular ipad3 it'd be really difficult to go to a non-retina wifi-only ipad...

But it's a great deal, and they allow for in-store pickup so no shipping and no waiting in line on Thanksgiving night.

So I bought one as a gift for a family member. :D

11. Rodster macrumors 68040

I snagged one, no brainer for me as I also get a $25 cash back from American Express for buying $250 or more from Best Buy. :cool:

I'll use the $100 GC towards the purchase of an Xbox One.

EDIT: Does this come with iOS 6?

12. Lancetx macrumors 68000

Lancetx

I just bought one to give as a Christmas gift. Sure it's not the powerhouse that the new retina model is, but for $200 less (including GC) it's a really nice deal. And for those that only use an iPad for light duty and/or for kids, it will do the job just fine.

13. dmk1974 macrumors 68000

dmk1974

I was thinking exactly the same. Good enough for my kid. Was considering the $100 Kindle Fire HD 7" (previous gen) as well. Twice as much at $100 more may be worth it though.

14. TacticalDesire macrumors 68020

TacticalDesire

15. Lloydbm41 macrumors 68040

Lloydbm41

I picked up a space gray model. Got the email from Best Buy this morning and will pick it up this afternoon (as I pass by those poor slobs sleeping on the sidewalk outside of BestBuy.)

16. creed16 macrumors member

I picked up two for my kids. I was already planning on getting them- just at Walmart. Actually, I would have preferred the WM gift card as I'm done shopping at Best Buy for Christmas, but I could not resist the idea of not waiting in line or at least dodging the stampedes at WM tomorrow. I do wish they would hand over the gift card instead of having to mail it. Does anyone know what they do if gift card gets lost or stolen in the mail? I'm going to ask when picking up in store later. That just has me worried.

17. Taylor814ce macrumors newbie

Whats the return policy on something like this? Is the sale final that they give special deal???

18. deeddawg macrumors 604

I didn't see anything to suggest the return policy is any different from normal. Holiday returns until Jan 15 I believe, check the policy specifics at BestBuy.com

19. Rodster macrumors 68040

I believe returns now are extended till Jan 31st. The only thing is they will probably deduct the $100 GC from the amount unless you bring it with you in the sealed envelope when it arrives. It's best to ask when you pickup your mini.

20. deeddawg macrumors 604

Bestbuy website says 15th of January.

Moot point for anyone who hasn't ordered yet; SOLD OUT now it seems. Doesn't even look like you can order for in-store pickup.

21. double329 macrumors 6502

Thank god, it sold out... I was adding this to my shopping cart twice :eek: I went all the way to place order... then chicken out :D

22. sheaitisnotso macrumors regular

Damn this sucks. They were all sold out here within a 2 hour radius of Columbus, OH so I was waiting for my parents to wake up in California and see if they could pick it up for me over there. I knew I shouldn't have waited for them to wake up before placing my order lol.

23. tritonv3pro macrumors member

Picked up a few as gifts

I went in to Best buy and grabbed the last 5 that they had. I plan on giving these away as gifts, to those relatives that don't even know what a retina display is (i.e my 1 year old daughter, my parents and in laws. Plus I can use the gift cards for whatever else I might want. There was no limit to the # you could purchase in store.

The BBY associates didn't even know about the promo.

24. sheaitisnotso macrumors regular

Good news, they're still available in some stores, I got my parents to go to BB right when they opened up and they were able to get one.

25. S1njin macrumors 6502a

S1njin

I grabbed two of them this morning. I did it online as the footnotes said 2 browser sessions. So I did one order, then filled up my basket w/ the same color and did it over again. Looks like both will ship - one actually already did and the other is still in 'preparing to ship'. I think I'm golden as I completed my orders around 6:30 EST.

They will be for my two daughters, 6 & 8.

The $200 worth of gift cards? They are going towards Daddy's retina iPad mini next month !!! :p