Bestbuy is absolutetly the worst

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by hcho3, Jun 16, 2010.

1. hcho3 macrumors 68030

I placed my reservation or pre-order for white iphone 16GB around 11 am yesterday. It went without a problem. Now, I read the websites and it says bestbuy will not be getting them on launch day either. Bestbuy is willing to fulfill the pre-orders, but does not know when they will get them. What is wrong with these guys? Without a solid date, what kind of idiot would place an pre-order?
    According to leaked memo, AT&T stated that it will be late summer for iphone white availability. This is most likely be Late JULY!?

Bestbuy just screwed up so bad. I am the who is going to pay the price.

2. nws0291 macrumors 6502a

Since you are new I give you a pass. As stated time and time again on here. Best Buy and ATT employees have no idea what is going on with these launches. You are more informed by coming to this site or going to apple.com. Nothing they say can be taken as true.

You best option for getting an apple device on launch day is to pre order for in store pickup. Myself and many have done this for multiple launches and it's stress free and you always get your device on launch day.

3. Knowimagination macrumors 68000

Knowimagination

Best buy was not informed by apple until later in the afternoon to stop offering white. Most likely you will be offered black instead or if you are willing to wait you will get white when it is available. I don't see how any of this makes best buy the absolute worst though...

4. Travisimo macrumors 6502a

It's not Best Buy's fault. Apple obviously didn't clue anybody in until the very last minute. Best Buy already had their preorders plans ready the night before, and it wasn't until later in the day on Tuesday that they were told they might not get white ones.

But I'm sure if you have a white one preordered, it will still be valid, but you just might not get the phone on the 24th.

On the other hand, I already knew they probably wouldn't get white, so I preordered the black from them instead. I would call them and tell them you had placed an order for the white and would like to switch (unless you're willing to wait). They will probably switch it for you and keep your place in line?

5. Gagoots macrumors regular

The Best Buy employees are representatives of the company. They have assured me three times that I will get a white on launch day. I am choosing to take them at their word. If i do NOT get the phone, well. Let's just say that I will make my local store very unhappy. It was a VERBAL GUARANTEE.

6. Travisimo macrumors 6502a

Therein lies the oxymoron.

Unless you have something in writing that says they guarantee you an iPhone on the 24th, then all you really have is a $50 gift card!

7. Gagoots macrumors regular

There are verbal agreements. Verbal agreements are valid.

8. Nocaster macrumors regular

Dude, they're Best Buy employees...how much worse can you make their lives? :D

Besides, what are you going to do, yell a lot? Stomp your feet? Write a sternly-worded letter?

9. gloss macrumors 601

gloss

Verbal agreements based on faulty information from a third party are, by necessity, not so much so. I mean, you can't hold them to something that is now, due to circumstances beyond their control, impossible to fulfill.

10. Gagoots macrumors regular

THe agreement is between myself and Best Buy. I can and WILL hold them responsible. If I make a stink, I'll probably get some kind of nominal compensation.

11. Nocaster macrumors regular

I've got a crisp $100 bucks in my pocket that says you won't get a white iPhone 4 if they don't have them, verbal agreement or not. :D

12. homerjfry macrumors regular

homerjfry

If you don't get it, just take it up the chain. Maybe you'll get something out of it, but I'm positive it won't be a white IPhone.

13. dagomike macrumors 65816

Not when made by people unauthorized to make them... like regular employees.

I think the people who were paying attention had a pretty good idea that those white phones at BB weren't going to happen. Hopefully you'll get offered a black one instead, if that works for you. Otherwise, just wait and get what you really want.

14. gloss macrumors 601

gloss

Yes, let's not let reason and reality intrude upon your verbal agreement with the muckdwelling sales floor employees.

15. DotCom2 macrumors 68040

Mid-Summer would be June-July
    Late Summer would be August-September :(

16. citron230 macrumors 6502a

citron230

There are verbal agreements, you're correct. However it is not binding because according to Best Buy you will get the phone you ordered in the order they receive it. In this case they aren't getting the white iPhone until sometime in "late summer". A verbal agreement is as good as the paper it's written on.

Seriously people, most of us knew white was not going to be available yesterday for pre order however some still chose to try to find a loophole with Best Buy because they offered pre ordering for the white iPhone. Now people are mad because they aren't going to be available? Grow up!

17. DotCom2 macrumors 68040

Well did you read what BB has posted on their forum?
    You will NOT be getting a white iPhone on launch day. SORRY

18. buryyourbrideau macrumors 65816

buryyourbrideau

Haha you're the idiot for pre-ordering without a solid date.

19. Gagoots macrumors regular

OK. And when I'm holding it on the 24th it will be in my right hand, the left will be giving you the finger.

20. citron230 macrumors 6502a

citron230

Good luck with that. I can't wait to read your posts regarding how much you hate best buy and the world because you didn't get your way. Entitlement sucks.

21. Gagoots macrumors regular

Hahaha. Well, let's agree to meet back here on the 24th and one of us will be rubbing it in.

22. DotCom2 macrumors 68040

You are in denial Sir/Madam but whatever...wishing you luck, for your sanity sakes.

23. Gagoots macrumors regular

Please correct your typo.

24. carlili4190 macrumors regular

Best Buy had the BEST pre-orders.. Yes they pre-ordered white ones without knowing for sure if they were going to get them on launch day but if they do the people who pre ordered them early WILL get them on Launch Day... Best Buy was the smoothest to pre order as well... I walked in without any line or anything and pre ordered 3 iPhones for 3 different lines... I was #9,10 and 11... I am pretty much guaranteed an iPhone 4 on launch day... People who ordered from ATT or Apple I feel sorry for you. No one know what is going on or when there iPhones are going to get to them.. Heck I still can't even pre order from Apple if I wanted to get it on July 2nd...

25. stevenisHAUNTED macrumors regular

I think you should be less worried about their typo and more about what kind of mess you'll be making at BB when you don't have that iPhone. ;)