BestPrice for Applecare?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by gadgetmonster, Jan 23, 2012.

1. gadgetmonster macrumors regular

I've been researching applecare prices for a 13" macbook pro............aside from ebay which is around $200, the best price I have found is b&h photo, $190.53 shipped. Is it possible to beat this price? Using a .edu gets it to $183 from apple but tax kills that deal............any other ideas?

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

The only issue with ebay, is that some (many?) of those that sell ebay are counterfit. They may work when you register it, but if some question arises apple will ask for the serial number that comes on the box. If you don't get a box just the number to register from then you could possibly lose the coverage.

Personally, I get mine at amazon which offers a decent proce

3. sweetbrat macrumors 65816

sweetbrat

A lot of people around here get theirs from B&H. It's about the best deal you're going to find, and very reliable from what I understand (I'll be purchasing mine from there later this year). I would avoid eBay. Too many scams, and you don't want to end up finding out you don't actually have coverage just when you really need it.

4. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I buy from B&H for my photography needs, great company I'd recommend them as well

5. Spink10 Suspended

Spink10

B&H - Best price out of the companies you can trust 100%

6. kaydot macrumors regular

Hi there,

By buying from B&H, do I lose the ability to bring it in to the Apple store genius bar? I would like to know what the difference is between buying AppleCare from Apple.com vs. B&H. I don't have AppleCare yet, but I am looking to buy it.

7. takeshi74 macrumors 601

Where you're buying it from. AppleCare is AppleCare.

8. malman89 macrumors 68000

Nope, no difference. Just as if you bought it from Amazon or Best Buy or anywhere else.

9. Spink10 Suspended

Spink10

Exactly what the previous post have said - no difference.

10. Mojo1, Jan 23, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2012

Mojo1 macrumors 65816

Check the L.A. Computer Company; it consistently has the best prices. B&H is also competitive and sometimes has terrific deals, including a 50% discount when purchased with a Mac.

Stay away from eBay. Most auctions are scams. Sellers who e-mail the serial number resell the same numbers over and over. Apple's online registration system will accept multiple registrations for the same number, but only the first registration is valid. The buyer won't know there is a problem until it comes time to use the warranty and by that time eBay resolution options are usually no longer an option.

Counterfeit AppleCare boxes also show up on eBay.

Stick with authorized Apple resellers.

11. Jaro65 macrumors 68040

Jaro65

Another vote for B&H. I got my AppleCare from them before.

12. bdinger macrumors member

bdinger

Well these threads pushed me over the edge. Heading back to the Apple Store tomorrow to swap (again/back) to the highres antiglare MBP, and will purchase my AppleCare via B&H :)

13. jlc1978 macrumors 68000

jlc1978

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

No, AppleCare is AppleCare no matter where you buy it.

14. AlphaDogg macrumors 68040

AlphaDogg

I bought my MBP applecare from B&H over a year ago. Best decision I've made for my MBP.

15. iforbes macrumors 6502

I used B&H...it was somewhere around $93 when I purchased it with my Mac!

16. skiltrip macrumors 68030

B&H. Just bought AppleCare for my 15" from there a couple weeks ago.

17. gadgetmonster thread starter macrumors regular

Shipping kills the LA deal.....looks like b&h it is, thanks for the suggestions folks........i may hold out for a month or two just in the hopes of a better deal.

18. Mojo1 macrumors 65816

Set up a free e-mail alert at Dealmac.com. If an AppleCare sale is listed you will receive an immediate e-mail message on your Mac and/or mobile device.

19. TechStooge macrumors member

buy apple care from apple with e ducation discount

20. Krazy Bill macrumors 68030

Krazy Bill

About 50 bucks. :D

Tens of thousands of dollars myself at B&H. Not a nickel wasted.

21. ixodes macrumors 601

ixodes

I've done several transactions with LA Computer over the years. They are very ethical & appreciate their customers.

Once, when the shipper damaged one of my new MBP's yet still delivered it, I called both parties. Instead of having to wait for claim processing, LA Computer sent another FedEx overnight by 10 AM the following day.

Later that day I received a follow up call from them asking if I was satisfied. Thats the same world class service I've experienced from Apple.

22. Mojo1 macrumors 65816

A month ago I compared the Apple education price with the L.A. Computer Co. and LACC was $3 less than Apple.

23. thekev macrumors 604

thekev

B&H is one of the cheapest out there. I have a feeling it's just a lot of volume on thin margins. They're reliable about shipping and stuff too.