BestSkinEver VS Bodyguardz VS InvisibleShield

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by yalag, Jul 18, 2008.

1. yalag macrumors 65816

Hello,

I just bought a black 3g iphone and I cant stand the back of the phone with fingerprints. I want to buy a shield for the back only. Which of the three option is best? I want the thinnest one of them and basically want to install a shield without noticing it at all. I am not worried about scratch protection, just mostly for fingerprints.

Thanks

2. Gonzo75 macrumors newbie

I got my Best Skins Ever yesterday (2 sets). First time I ever applied a skin on and although it took long since I took my time, it came out looking great and wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Nice and thin but can't really compare to the other brands since I haven't tried those out yet. Best Skins Ever seem to be the price-performer though.

3. SimplyBlue macrumors member

Haven't seen BestSkinEver products so I'll recommend Bodyguardz. InvisibleShield has this texture look if you look at the phone at a certain angle which bothers me.

4. Ferris23 macrumors 68020

I got the BSE and couldn't be happier with it. For the price you can't beat it.

5. Next Tuesday macrumors 6502a

Next Tuesday

From what i head, invisishield has the orange peel effect and doesnt cover the whole phone. Ive never heard or BSE and from their cheesy website, i wouldnt order from them. I got the bodyguardz which covers the whole phone and isnt as orange peelish. It comes with 2 full skins which is great.

6. Ferris23 macrumors 68020

Well, it's clear you have no clue. BSE is fast to ship and has an excellent product as well as fantastic customer support. I've gotten their products for all my gadgets over the last 2 years and will be back again.

It's clear that some people like to pay extra money for a pretty pacakge or a snazzy website, even though the product could very well crap. You paid 25 for the same thing that I paid 8 bucks for. Grats...

7. marksman macrumors 603

marksman

I could care less about fingerprints and scratches. I am concerned about the phone breaking. None of those products seem to do anything in that regard.

I think I will stick with cases that actually protect the phone from real damage and not just cosmetic damage.

8. Next Tuesday macrumors 6502a

Next Tuesday

Seems clear that you're cheap and would order anything without seeing it. BG is fast shipping, took 2 days to get to me.

9. Ferris23 macrumors 68020

Cheap? I prefer to call it smart. But whatever, if you got the money to waste go for it.

10. Nicolecat macrumors 6502a

Nicolecat

Smart or cheap...always please check a website's track record before ordering something.

Saving money either way is still great!

I had a friend that ordered a flat screen plasma tv, from a 'cheesy' looking website. He didn't check the track record beforehand. The tv was almost $1000 cheaper than in stores and other websites. He did get his tv...but after looking a little further into it, he found hundreds of complaints against the company for fail to deliver, items not working, etc, etc...

I realize the price difference here...but I've been told, and live by these words.

"If it sounds too good to be true, most likely it is."

Please be careful in all your purchases. :)

11. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

It's been common knowledge that a number of non-skin cases don't offer cosmetic protection. In fact, some have scratched the chrome of the original iPhone over time. Imagine with a little grit caught between a silicone case and the 3G's plastic back would do?

My preference is for both: skin protection AND case protection. I'm doing the Invisible Shield + in incase leather folio. The combination of the two kept my previous iPhone in pristine shape, despite a couple of accidental trips to the floor.

12. amysig macrumors member

I too can recommend BSE. Great price, quick shipping, good service.

13. Next Tuesday macrumors 6502a

Next Tuesday

Agreed. Ferris, if BSE is so great, post clear up close pics of the so called best skin ever on your iphone.

14. extraextra macrumors 68000

extraextra

NOT MY PHOTOS!

I saved these a while ago (from this forum, I believe). A 1st gen iPhone with a BSE cover:

bse1hh7.jpg bse2xr4.jpg
    (click for larger)

Looks pretty good, imo.

15. kinster macrumors 6502a

kinster

and you post your Bodyguardz

16. illutionz macrumors 65816

I recommended Bodyguardz... been using it for my iPhone 2G :eek:

17. meagain macrumors 68030

18. sh0ckerturb0 macrumors member

sh0ckerturb0

this sucks.... we need somebody in here with experience with all 3 products

i always thought bestskinsever and invisibleshield were made of the same material?

19. seans9 macrumors member

I ordered from BSE a few days ago, expecting 5-7 days shipping like they said when I checked out. It came in today!

Unfortunately, I don't have my 3G iphone yet...back to the DF ATT threads...

20. roland.g macrumors 603

roland.g

I got a BSE for my original iPhone and one for my new iPhone. I have yet to apply the new one as it came yesterday, but the other one was on it for a year and I was able to sell the iPhone in minto condition because the BSE kept it flawless. Helped me get top dollar for it. I even got out of the car at least three times this past year with my iPhone in my lap and it landed on the street face down and face up. Thanks BSE. BTW, I didn't use the BSE on the screen, I used PowerSupport's Crystal Film Set. The BSE is great b/c it adds just a little bit of tacky grip to an otherwise slick phone. But I didn't want that on the screen, so I went with the smooth CFS.

I highly recommend BSE. I have heard nothing but bad about IS, and really nothing at all about BGZ.

21. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Yeah, if you don't mind scratches all-along the chrome bezel. Used it for about 2 weeks and it made my iPhone look like one pound of chewed bubble gum...Scratches never came out from chrome bezel. (I use IS now). :mad:

22. iMeat macrumors member

Got my BSE yesturday and put them on two iphones. Both look great, can hardly tell they are there.

23. sr5878 macrumors 6502a

I have used both BSE and IS. BSE on my 2G iPhone, and an IS on my new 3G iPhone. I actually JUST finished installing a BSE on my sister's new 2G, and I put the IS on my new 3G yesterday.

BSE:
    - Super cheap & modestly fast shipping (ships in a standard business-size envelope)
    - Die-cut is very precise. Quality product
    - Same exact material as the IS.
    - Took me about 45 minutes to apply. Still waiting for one of the corners to dry a bit... it's being a pain :)
    - >24 hr email only customer service

IS:
    - Comes with a squeegie and applicator spray. To be honest, I used my IS squeegie to apply the BSE.
    - Die-cut is horribly sloppy. They didn't even remove the camera hole piece or the sim card tray opening... i had to remove those bits myself and slightly stretched my skin (especially around the home button)
    - IS covers MORE of the back than the 2G BSE. I don't know what the BSE 3G looks like.
    - Doesn't cover the whole front, but it covers what's important
    - Lifetime warranty. I went through 3 BSE's (over $25 worth) with my old 2G iPhone... Genius Bar didn't realize I had a faulty SIM :)
    - Phone/email support. Friendly and somewhat knowledgeable staff.
    - Took about an hour to install. I screwed up a corner or two.

Overall, depending on the new BSE, I'd go with the BSE. How their site 'looks' is a ****** argument, and I'm a professional web designer. If people love their product, the website shouldn't be the dealbreaker.

Go with the BSE, you'll love it. I bought an IS solely because they had a preorder first, and I was under the impression that it'd arrive before launch day. They effed that up, and as it turns out some people got their BSE sooner than I got my IS via 2-day air. I will not be buying from ZAGG again.