Beta 4 with new features?

angevil

macrumors regular
Jan 19, 2008
Also, OS 4.0 seems to produce water drops on the screen. I am off to make a new app to make millions of monies. It is going to be called ″Screen wipe″ :D

Kahnyl

macrumors 68000
Feb 2, 2009
Me either, but I just figured iTunes broke the folder before I had a chance to see it.

GFSarah

macrumors regular
Jan 19, 2009
North Carolina
Maybe it's only preinstalled on the 3GS, with the extra icon (compass).
I see GFSarah has the beta on his 3G, not his 3GS. What about you dejo?
My bad ... I decided it felt good enough on my 3G and installed beta 4 on my 3GS a few hours ago. The utility folder did not appear on my 3G restored from it's backup on beta 3, and it did not appear on my 3GS restored from it's backup on 3.1.3.

And I'm a her ... not a him. :)

Now off to update my signature.

bmwhd

macrumors 6502a
May 22, 2008
I noticed one -

When opening and viewing a calendar appointment (being fed from an Exchange 2007 server), the appointment window auto-scrolls down to the Notes section.

Woien

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 4, 2008
Seriously, iTunes probably broke the folder before you saw it.
I know the Itunes can/will break any folders....
I really like that feature "folder"..it will really clean up my messy desktop..

mavis

macrumors 601
Jul 30, 2007
Tokyo, Japan
One thing I've noticed with Beta 4 is that individual calendar events can be viewed in landscape orientation. I don't recall that being possible with earlier betas or OS 3.X, but I could be mistaken ... ? In any case, it makes me wonder if they're working on a landscape calendar view, perhaps even one that will (finally!) have week view.

Woien

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 4, 2008
One thing I've noticed with Beta 4 is that individual calendar events can be viewed in landscape orientation. I don't recall that being possible with earlier betas or OS 3.X, but I could be mistaken ... ? In any case, it makes me wonder if they're working on a landscape calendar view, perhaps even one that will (finally!) have week view.
You are right..on my wifes 3G the calendar is not for landscape.

Pattycerts

macrumors 6502
Jul 4, 2007
It is there for everyone when Beta 4 is installed, but after your phone syncs/restores it removes the folder

andybno1

macrumors 68040
Nov 6, 2007
Liverpool, UK
sorry for double post just spotted this on gizmodo:

It's about time that the iPhone gets a custom dictionary, and according to this screen from the latest iPhone OS 4 beta, you'll find one under keyboard settings.
Source: http://gizmodo.com/5543010/iphone-os-4-will-have-a-custom-dictionary

and photo app has changed slightly:

There's a tiny change to the Photo app in that you can finally view your Photo Roll in a different orientation—unless you have Orientation Lock turned on that is.