Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JesseW6889

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 12, 2010
Price-wise, the top of the line 2010 27" iMac is about the same as the base 2011 27".

NOTHING else considered (as I don't need thunderbolt or a faster processor) which is the better graphics card?

I've seen a few post about this, but no definitive answers and most people just say 'get the 2011' which isn't the answer I'm looking for!

Thanks!

Sirmausalot

macrumors 65816
Sep 1, 2007
You will be extrememly interested in this link which talks about how to significantly increase the performance of the 5850 in the 2010 iMac and compares it to several of the newer graphics cards.

imru88

macrumors newbie
Mar 8, 2011
Please help

You will be extrememly interested in this link which talks about how to significantly increase the performance of the 5850 in the 2010 iMac and compares it to several of the newer graphics cards.

Have you tried this?
I'd really like to update the driver on my system, nut don't understand how to uninstall the old driver and install the new one. WHere are the driver files on my mac?
Sorry If this sounds ignorant. I'm a graphic designer and I work with my computer every day, but I have no idea how to get stared with this simple upgrade.
Thank you.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.