Beware of Case-Mate (False Advertising)

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by MotionxxUSxx, Nov 12, 2011.

1. MotionxxUSxx, Nov 12, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2011

MotionxxUSxx macrumors 6502

Purchased a barely there in black and just received it and it is completely different than what is on the site. I bought the black one since it showed it had the new camera cutout which is a lot larger to prevent the flash issues. They sent me the one with the small camera cutout and hole in the middle of the case to show the apple logo. What a pain in the ass. It seems that I'm not the only one. Some people have received the new cutout while others have received the original. This is not the way to do business.

2. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

Um, so you're posting here instead of asking the company to replace it?

3. MotionxxUSxx thread starter macrumors 6502

Unfortunately it's a weekend. Don't waste my time with an idiotic response. Trying to save some people the hassle that I will have to go through.

4. wellok macrumors 6502

While it's irritating to get the wrong product, I don't understand how it shows that they are a shady business. It sounds like a mistake.

5. Munkypoo7 macrumors 6502

Munkypoo7

Agreed.

OP, castrating a company for what is most likely an honest mistake isn't a bright move, it makes you look like an idiot.

^This tenfold. Most likely they're showing a revision under the same model number / part number and a packer just blindly grabbed the corresponding model and put it in the box and let it loose.

6. MotionxxUSxx thread starter macrumors 6502

I wouldn't be so sure. After doing research, it seems like it has happened more times than not. Unfortunately, I wish I did this research prior to buying.

7. zflauaus macrumors 65816

Then why don't you send the an email and ask for the one you want? That doesn't seem too hard and more productive than a form post.

8. MotionxxUSxx thread starter macrumors 6502

Wow, look at that, a bunch of reviews on their site with the same issue. There also all on the first page. Who's looking like the idiot now.

Reviewed by: Carey Friday, October 28, 2011
    Would you recommend the iPhone 4 / 4S Barely There Cases to a friend? NO
    Pros: True to color
    Cons: Completely different design
    Purchased From: Online
    Review: I've gotten a ton of cases from casemate...love them! Have pink and white from the pearl series then decided to go for the lilac..... It was a completely different design. Covered up apple logo and a big rectangular cut out where the camera is. Not what I ordered! It's like the created a new design overnight and just went with it. People chose their cases based on design.... The design is what they have up there now not anything like the other two from the pearl serious I ordered!

Reviewed by: Melody Green Thursday, October 27, 2011

Would you recommend the iPhone 4 / 4S Barely There Cases to a friend? YES
    Pros: slim profile, easy to attach to my iPhone, easy to get in and out of jean pocket.
    Cons: no cut out to show Apple Logo
    Purchased From: online at case-mate.com
    Review: I really like the case. I got the pretty pink pearl one and it looks great on my white iPhone4. I love the slim profile and how easy it is to attach to the phone. However, I was rather disappointed that there is no cut-out to show the Apple Logo. And the cut-out area surrounding the camera is large and square-ish, not like pictured on the website. A co-worker had just ordered a green one for her new iPhone4S. When I saw hers I liked how it looked and that is why I had to get one too from case-mate.com! The order came quickly and my online ordering experience was good also.

Reviewed by: Traci Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Pros:
    Cons:
    Purchased From:
    Review: I ordered 2 of these cases: a red one and the pearl pink one. The pink one was NOT as advertised. The camera cut out is square shaped as opposed to conturing the lens and flash. Also, it did not include the Apple logo cut out as pictured. I called customer service and after being on hold for 20 minutes, I was instructed to leave a voicemail. Yet once I heard the beep, I was informed that the mailbox was full. Soooo, yeah. Even though I like the red case that they did get right, it is highly unlikely that I will be ordering from them again.
    Did you find this review helpful? Yes - No

Received different product than advertised
    Reviewed by: Traci Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Pros:
    Cons:
    Purchased From:
    Review: I ordered 2 of these cases: a red one and the pearl pink one. The pink one was NOT as advertised. The camera cut out is square shaped as opposed to conturing the lens and flash. Also, it did not include the Apple logo cut out as pictured. I called customer service and after being on hold for 20 minutes, I was instructed to leave a voicemail. Yet once I heard the beep, I was informed that the mailbox was full. Soooo, yeah. Even though I like the red case that they did get right, it is highly unlikely that I will be ordering from them again.
    Did you find this review helpful? Yes - No

Wow, one more

Reviewed by: Amber Duitsman Friday, October 21, 2011

Would you recommend the iPhone 4 / 4S Barely There Cases to a friend? NO
    Pros: Thin
    Cons: Doesnt actually look like picture
    Purchased From: Case-Mate website
    Review: I like the color of the case but I'm disappointed that it doesn't look like the picture. There isn't a cut off to show the logo and the camera cutoff is bigger than the picture showed.

9. zman2100 macrumors regular

zman2100

I'm gonna agree with everyone else here and say that this is a slight overreaction. If you try to contact them about it and they refuse to help you then sure, you'd have a right to be upset. But calling them shady before that?

10. SDColorado macrumors 65816

SDColorado

Casemate overall has very positive reviews and offers a guarantee where you can return the item if not fully satisfied with the product for a full refund within 30 days. I don't understand how this constitutes a shady company? It sounds to me as though they won't have a problem taking care of you, if you take the time to contact them with your concern.

11. MotionxxUSxx thread starter macrumors 6502

didn't know the word shady would cause such a stir. I'll remove the word, but people should still be aware before ordering.

----------

thats great but they reference that they will not reimburse my shipping. Sucks that I choose to pay a bit more to receive it faster.

12. HKUSP.40 macrumors regular

Those reviews are all pretty recent....

Is it possible that they recently re-designed the case, posted the new pics of the new design on their website, but are still shipping the old design until they sell the rest of their old stock?

Just contact them on Monday and tell them you want the new design and make them email you a pre-paid shipping label or something. Problem solved.

13. reebs macrumors 6502

I'm sure it was a mistake. Case-mate is known for their excellent customer service. Call them, they will make it right.

14. MrRon macrumors regular

MrRon

This is not the first time for case-mate... remember what happened before iPhone 4S was announced? Case-mate "leaked" the iPhone 5 cases design the public... :D

15. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

What a load of nonsense.

You got annoyed that a company sent you the wrong thing and instead of calmly waiting till they re-open so you could sort out the error you posted an inflammatory comment online.

It's not a big deal, it's not false advertising, someone sent out the wrong thing - happens all the time. Good thing is you get a guarantee and it can be easily fixed.

As for saving people the hassle, c'mon, really? Hassle? It's a phone call and a day or so wait - not a hassle. Barely a blip on the radar.

16. MrRon macrumors regular

MrRon

WOW are you working for CASEMATE?:rolleyes:

17. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

No.

18. HKUSP.40 macrumors regular

Something tells me that if CaseMate was closed for the weekend....they wouldn't be browsing the forums and replying to threads..........at 1:32 AM ;)

19. MrRon macrumors regular

MrRon

Agree.. if casemate is working that hard... shouldn't have that much complains.

FYI ... he is from AUSTRALIA ... day time for them .. but Australian are not working on the weekends... BEER time

20. zflauaus macrumors 65816

What is with the accusations of working for Case Mate? Chundles and then me in private? So apparently we must work for a company if we use common sense and suggest contacting the company?

Come on.

21. MotionxxUSxx thread starter macrumors 6502

Why is it do difficult to understand. It can be obviously seen that this has been going on with others. Why is it such a crime to let others know. I would like to get a case for my phone. Now I'll have to wait an extra week to get a case which in turn leaves my phone unprotected during that time.

22. LeiQQ macrumors regular

LeiQQ

Why is everyone upset at you just because you complained about something a company should have fixed? If I was you, I would be upset you. And I don't see why everyone is angry because you posted it so that others would know to be careful if they ordered, it could happen too.

23. HKUSP.40 macrumors regular

Because he hasn't given the company a chance to fix it yet!

This wasn't a mere "warning" from the OP. It was a blatant bashing of a company before he even gave them a chance to make things right. THAT'S why people are upset. FWIW he has edited the original post so it's not as harsh. It said some other things at the beginning.

24. LeiQQ macrumors regular

LeiQQ

Isn't this a known issue? I mean the hole/flash thing? Shouldn't have all the stock been removed?

I don't know, if it was me and I ordered something and it was wrong, I'd feel pissed. I have ordered things and then received the wrong stuff and been pissed about it. I don't know if I ever posted on line to complain about it but when it has happened I was pissed. I just say, well why not let someone be upset. If you don't want to read it then you can just ignore it.

25. meuhlig macrumors newbie

Sorry about this

MotionxxUSxx, I am so sorry to hear about this inconvenience. Please contact me at molly.uhlig@case-mate.com and I will personally take care of this for you.

Thanks and sorry again about this.