Beware: Smart Covers @ Verizon

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Egon84, Jul 19, 2011.

1. Egon84, Jul 19, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2011

Egon84 macrumors newbie

Just a heads up incase some one looks to purchase a smart cover from Verizon retail store.

Bought one yesterday (poly, green) and the lady said they were on sale for $39.99 from $69.99. I told her the $69.99 were leather and this one is plastic thats why the price difference. She and the guy at the counter wanted to argue that what I was buying was on sale. My receipt said it was on sale too.

Just be careful, and check your receipts if you bought one in the past.

I live in a rural country area so the reps at Verizon may just be that stupid but you never know.

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Living in a rural area of NC or otherwise classed as "hick" does not mean people are ignorant. You show ignorance when you stereotype people. The VZW rep could be ill-informed and under trained.

However, you could very well not buy from there and just buy online or state the implications of buying something at the VZW store that is deemed on sale.

3. nwbusa macrumors regular

Yeah, I fail to understand the point of the OP... so what if it was marked as on sale?

4. Egon84, Jul 19, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2011

Egon84 thread starter macrumors newbie

The point was to make those aware that someone might be gouged at a price of $69.99 at Verizon for a $39.99 product. Wireless companies make a killing off of accessories and can be pretty brutal at time pushing them on unsuspecting and uninformed people.

I had purchased an Otter Box from the At&t across the street when they were cleaning out their stock of iPad1 accessories. At&t had it for $5. When I went in and asked for the case and was talking to the rep about how great of a deal it was, another rep over heard what we were talking about an said she had a customer that just bought one and when it rang up at $5 she overrode the total to the $40 that was on the box. That is stealing, plan and simple. Weather at At&t or Verizon; Shelby, NC or New York, NY; it is wrong what wireless sales reps do to customers at the promotion of the carriers. They are the modern day car dealerships.

A 56% inflation of a product at a wireless store is unacceptable when it is regular price down the road at Walmart or a few towns over at Best Buy. No I didn't have to buy from there but for reason I did. Had the rep told me it was $69.99 I would have told her she was out of her mind; but since you feel I came to post on here just to show my ignorance and to stereotype people, did I mention she was black?

5. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

Because it really wasn't on sale. They just pretended it was on sale to sell more.