BI Article: I Just Got The iPhone 6 Plus And I'm Already Thinking About Returning It.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Hal~9000, Sep 26, 2014.

1. Hal~9000 macrumors 68000

Hal~9000

Well written article by Business Insider about the 6+ I recommend everyone read :)
    http://www.businessinsider.com/i-ju...am-already-thinking-about-returning-it-2014-9

Some highlights:

2. scrtagntman macrumors regular

Meh. To each their own. I left apple for a bigger screen. Tried the HTC One. Hated it. Tried the Note 3 and liked it well enough. Came back to Apple with the 6+. Very happy with it and it's easier to physically manage than my Note 3.

It's about everyone's individual needs. I needed more battery and more screen real estate helps with how I use it. I'm an architect in the IT field and I am constantly using my phone to quickly view documents, diagrams, spreadsheets, managing a few hundred emails a day, etc.

3. greytmom macrumors 68040

greytmom

I actually read it yesterday. Didn't do anything for me.

4. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

If one handed use is so important to you, then clearly a phablet isn't the right device.

5. From A Buick 8 macrumors 68040

From A Buick 8

I will keep my 6 Plus. The 6 Minus is a good phone but

Attached Files:

6. jbachandouris macrumors 601

jbachandouris

How many of these 'I don't like my iPhone 6+' threads can we have?

If you don't like it, return it. NO ONE CARES!

I'm keeping mine and I'm tired of all these crazy threads. It's ruining the MR forums experience.

7. Hal~9000 thread starter macrumors 68000

Hal~9000

6 minus? :confused:

I simply posted a link to what I thought was a well written article by a respected website.

If you don't like it, leave. NO ONE IS FORCING YOU TO CLICK ON THREADS!

8. legioxi macrumors 6502a

How is discussing an Apple product (positively or negatively) ruining the MR experience? Isn't that the entire point of these forums? Discussion about Apple products?

9. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

10. McPc macrumors 6502

McPc

It was jjudt like reading another thread here on MR about how people don't like the big size. Of course the larger size has some trade offs and apparently even this writer can't make up his mind about iit still.

Next weeks article "why I kept my iPhone 6 plus"

11. Pipper99 macrumors 68000

Pipper99

People really need to live with th 6+ for a while rather than making a judgement after 12 hours.

12. ggpike macrumors member

I'm glad he spent a whole 12 hours with it. One day. He gave it one day.

Perhaps if the article was written by someone who had spend a significant amount of time over the period of 3 days to a week might have more impact than someone's almost knee jerk reaction to a totally different phone size than they're used to. I will give him the benefit of the doubt as he at least mentions at the end of the article that he's going to give another week to see how it might fit into or not fit into his phone usage patterns. But that's only mentioned at the end of the article.

13. Symtex macrumors 6502a

Hence the reason why apple is coming out with the watch. Big phones stays in the pocket. Do most quickies stuff on the watch. Use 2 hands operation of the phone when needed.

This is not rocket science.

14. docal97 macrumors 6502a

docal97

It's really a very personal choice which is dependent on so many factors: age, hand size, individual needs, etc.

What is right for one isn't necessarily right for another person.

Best suggestion is to spend time with each device and then decide. At this point, most people know someone who has the device(s) and can do their own demo.

15. saratoga172 macrumors newbie

I've debated between keeping my regular 6 and going back to my 5s. My work phone is a 5s and it feels almost tiny in comparison. However I've stuck with smaller phones for ease of use. Debating if I want to go back or can deal with the size.

I also like the additional stuff like wireless ac, Apple pay etc

16. penajmz macrumors 68030

penajmz