Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

adztaylor

macrumors 68000
Aug 20, 2009
Preston, UK
Yeah I prefer the always there slider. Much better than the double tap. Of course not everyone will like it. Perhaps Apple might make it an option to change in settings.

Cod3rror

macrumors 68000
Apr 18, 2010
Nice addition for sure, quick access to the camera button is very important.

Double tapping was slower, cumbersome, needlessly wore out your button more and it was out of the way so you'd forget that you can open the camera from the lockscreen.

Bswartz95

macrumors 6502a
Feb 3, 2011
Cleveland , OH
Yeah I agree. But I think Im about ready to just abandon camera+ because I really don't need itat this point

I like it a lot, but I wish you could change the default camera. I prefer Camera+ to the native camera app, so it would be nice if I had direct access to that, instead. Either way, the camera unlock is convenient to have.

I wish Camera+ could be a default as well. I'll probably just use the iPhone camera for those quick pics and edit them through Camera+ if needed. If I really need to use the stabilization or multi-focus feature, I'll unlock and use the Camera+.

I can definitely see the trade-off of a quick picture from the lock screen winning out over unlocking and opening Camera+.

Max(IT)

Suspended
Dec 8, 2009
Italy
I'm quite the opposite. I feel that the lock screen now feels more cramped.

I'm all for the feature, but not shrinking the slider down for it. Could have been a much better way to implement it IMO.

Are you serious ?
"Cramped" just for a little camera icon on the slider ??? :confused:

jcorbin

macrumors 65816
Oct 18, 2011
D.C.
I think it's a great idea. I sometimes forgot hat the lock screen had the camera button available when you double clicked.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.