Big pixel strip

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by kranger, Aug 27, 2014.

1. kranger macrumors newbie

Hello everyone,

I have a 2009 MBP that has a strip of what may or may not be dead pixels running from top to bottom on the right side of the screen. The majority of the pixels change frequently while a smaller portion of them are constantly white. I have had this problem for over a year and was wondering if anyone knew what the problem could be. I've looked around the forum and Google but haven't found anything too helpful. Thanks for any replies in advance.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. seble macrumors 6502a

Looks to me more like a graphic card fault, or a dodgy connection between the logic board and the screen, nothing to do with the actual display (far as I can tell)

3. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

4. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

Looks like a hardware issue. Don't know if its either the GPU or the display itself (rarely is it the display).

5. kranger thread starter macrumors newbie

If it is the gpu, would it affect how an image looks when you take a screenshot? I used grab to screen cap the part of the screen that is messed up and it shows that part fine.

6. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

I have no idea. But, in theory if it's the display then screen grab will look 'ok'.

7. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

A screen grab would save the image is its intended and not how its physically displayed with the bad pixels.