Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

willmtaylor

macrumors G4
Oct 31, 2009
Here(-ish)
I don't see this as a terribly crazy want. Perhaps you want to quickly check if you have any notifications, you power the screen on, and BAM, you have three emails and two texts that you can quickly decide if you want to get to. As it is, you either have to wake and unlock the phone entirel (and check the badges on your app, load the app and see what the notification is about)y, or deal with your screen lighting up every time you get a notification.

For me this would actually be rather handy with facebook. As it stands, I basically turn all notifications (for FB) off because I am constantly seeing the phone's screens turn on when I have no desire to be alerted every time a person pokes me.

To be honest, getting to the bottom of what exactly the thread starter did and didn't want was too convoluted and frustrating, so I gave up.

How is this not DND? It does exactly this now, does it not?

jk4lebron23

macrumors 65816
Apr 6, 2010
Nashville,TN
For me this would actually be rather handy with facebook. As it stands, I basically turn all notifications (for FB) off because I am constantly seeing the phone's screen turn on when I have no desire to be alerted every time a person pokes me.

People still poke on Facebook? Who knew:eek:

lordofthereef

macrumors G5
Nov 29, 2011
Boston, MA
To be honest, getting to the bottom of what exactly the thread starter did and didn't want was too convoluted and frustrating, so I gave up.

No...

DND blocks everything that you don't go and manually allow (There are certain things you can't manually allow - you are basically limited to texts and calls).

This can be set in Windows Phone 8.1 and it's actually rather wonderful. My piddly $35 gophone that I picked up battery lasts me all day easily because my screen isn't popping on all the time (namely the facebook difference I mentioned).

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011

No alerts with DND.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.