Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

mgymnop

macrumors member
Dec 17, 2020
Has somebody the problem in Microsoft Teams that you cannot select a background? I have only a big blank window where you normally choose the background images. Have a MBP 2020 M1 on Big Sur 11.1
This is an intermittent issue sometimes it works and sometimes not.

DaveFromCampbelltown

macrumors 68000
Jun 24, 2020
I was annoyed to find that you can no longer use the diskutil coreStorage create ... command to create a Fusion Drive. Apparently the command has been changed and I can't, for the life of me, work out how to do it now.

Fortunately, I was able run a copy of Mojave in VMware, mount the volumes I needed, and create the Fusion Drive there.

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
I was annoyed to find that you can no longer use the diskutil coreStorage create ... command to create a Fusion Drive. Apparently the command has been changed and I can't, for the life of me, work out how to do it now.

Fortunately, I was able run a copy of Mojave in VMware, mount the volumes I needed, and create the Fusion Drive there.

"diskutil resetFusion" without the quotes is what you want.

DaveFromCampbelltown

macrumors 68000
Jun 24, 2020
Ok, so
Final Release 11.2 Build 20D64 is now out. Downloaded and installed the 3 Gb update onto my main OS (yes, I know, living dangerously, but I have multiple backups) and all seems well.
Went back into Preferences to turn Time Machine back on, and now it is locked. You have to enter your password to make changes to Time Machine.
What other little surprises await?

jonahlee

macrumors member
Jun 3, 2005
So the company I am working at uses Premiere Pro, Media Encoder and After Effects 2019. Has anyone tried them on Big Sur? I am thinking no, but guess I will have to stick to Catalina to run those.
No one had tried it out?

MrTSolar

macrumors 6502
Jun 8, 2017
Has anyone tested the Ibi photo manager desktop app, LBRY desktop app, Battery Monitor (https://apps.apple.com/app/id836505650?mt=12), or OpenEMU on Big Sur?

Also, it looks like Waterfox patched Big Sur crashes. Has anyone re-tested Waterfox lately?

I promised my friend that if he updated his MacBook, I would too and share in his pain.
Ended up just doing the update. For mainstream Big Sur, Ibi Photo Manager, LBRY Desktop app, Battery Monitor, Waterfox, and OpenEMU all work.

Wiki has been updated.

Last edited:

jlbrown

macrumors member
Sep 1, 2009
Some has:
  • PDFPen (Launches but won't display PDF content)
in the 'Not Working' section.

Is this still correct? I use PDFPenPro and it works fine.

guitarguy316

macrumors 6502
Sep 5, 2010
Someone tell me, I want to have the trackpad and mouse settings different on scrolling direction...meaning natural vs. reverse. It seems to me you can only choose to set them both to the same settings?

gilby101

macrumors 68020
Mar 17, 2010
Tasmania
Some has:
  • PDFPen (Launches but won't display PDF content)
in the 'Not Working' section.

Is this still correct? I use PDFPenPro and it works fine.
PDFPen has always worked for me. Someone added PDFPenPro to working and I didn't see the need to add PDFPen.

DaveFromCampbelltown

macrumors 68000
Jun 24, 2020
I don't know if anybody is interested, but the full Big Sur Beta 11.3 (Build 20E5172i) is currently available.

I installed Install macOS Big Sur Beta 11.1 (20C5061b) onto my play SSD drive, and then went to update it to 11.3. I expected to get the small 3 Gb update but instead it sent me to the Apple Store to download the full 12.2 Gb Installer application.

This is only visible if your system is installed in the Developer Beta Access, not the Public Beta Access.

DaveFromCampbelltown

macrumors 68000
Jun 24, 2020
LibreOffice 7.1

Finally, finally, with this normal release (i.e. not Pre-release or Nightly Build) the problem with fonts not appearing sharp on my iMac has been fixed. This is with macOS 11.2.1 (20D74) and LibreOffice 7.1.0.3

sduck

macrumors newbie
Nov 10, 2017
Unison is reported as not working, but I just installed version 11.2 of Big Sur, and Unison seems to be working fine. I can't find a way to edit the OP, I'll leave it to someone else.

Edit: I saw moongravy's post above about unison, and am checking things out - and yes, there seem to be a few things that aren't working right. Hmmmm. Basic functionality seems to be there though.

Last edited:

Martyimac

macrumors 68020
Aug 19, 2009
S. AZ.
Both machines "lost" the connection to my Brother printer. I had to go in and re-add them to the installed printers. All okay now but very weird. This was after updating to the 11.2.1 version.

jlbrown

macrumors member
Sep 1, 2009
As Vuze doesn't work on Big Sur, anyone have a good replacement that does? Have tried Folx, but I'm not having much luck getting it to work through my Sophos UTM (firewall). I think I've opened all the necessary ports, but it just says "looking for peers".

DaveFromCampbelltown

macrumors 68000
Jun 24, 2020
As Vuze doesn't work on Big Sur, anyone have a good replacement that does? Have tried Folx, but I'm not having much luck getting it to work through my Sophos UTM (firewall). I think I've opened all the necessary ports, but it just says "looking for peers".

I have been using qBittorrent with good success. If you want to be able to search for torrents (i.e. ubuntu iso) you will also need to install python

DaveFromCampbelltown

macrumors 68000
Jun 24, 2020
Big Sur Beta 11.3.2 (Build 20E5186d) is now out.

No problems noticed yet, but I haven't tried everything I have installed yet.

It is only available as a Combo Update from Software Update (about 3.2Gb download).

Reactions: MCKLMT

Rus_Knights

macrumors newbie
Oct 7, 2020
Big Sur Beta 11.3.2 (Build 20E5186d)
I noticed some problems:
1. Adguard 2.5.2 (246) not working.
2. Google Drive - Backup and Sync. App not opening.

Any options?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.