Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

OwenMeasures

macrumors 6502
Jan 17, 2011
London
I have been reading, some of the posts, but I do not see any mention to this.

I believe one of the best upgrades is the the addition of the sapphire lens. If you own a high end watch you know what I mean. The material is almost scratch resistant.

I enjoy taking pictures and videos with my I phone 4, but after 2 years, the lens has some scratches. Not sure about the optical characteristics, but I welcome a "scratch resistant lens"

I have a TAG Heuer which has Sapphire Crystal face but for some reason that has scratched! i suppose it depends what grade is being used! but yes it will defo be more scratch resistant that those in the current model!

brayhite

macrumors 6502a
Jun 21, 2010
N. Kentucky
My iPhone 4&4S never got scratched. So it's a non-issue. Used no case for both the entire time.

Yeah, I mean, I've gone caseless for about 8 months or so, aside from the occasional week I'd put my wallet-case thing on for kicks and gigs.

I stick with the "Nothing else goes in the pocket with my iPhone, especially keys" rule, and it's served me well. Scratches on the back of the phone, but no screen scratch (never had a screen protector) and no lens scratch, as far as I can tell and see.

WindowsTraitor

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 31, 2008
so I have tested the 5, and the image quality for me is much better than the 4. I am also surprised about the low light quality of the pictures. Sapphire or not, I will be using this phone for pictures very often.

I also really like the panorama function. I was in the market for a wide angle lens but I think this function will serve my needs better.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.