Bill Paxton has passed away (waiting to verify)

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by GrumpyMom, Feb 26, 2017.

1. GrumpyMom, Feb 26, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2017

GrumpyMom macrumors 601

GrumpyMom

My husband just got news on his Twitter feed that actor Bill Paxton has passed away. Other news says he died of complications of surgery. He was 61.

Internet is always rife with hoaxed news of celebrity deaths so if I find that to be the case here I'll amend or delete, if possible this topic. update (Thanks for verifications)

If this is true it's a huge shock to this fan.

Update: well this sad news apparently is indeed true. Wow. My husband and I are fans. Bill Paxton has such a huge body of work to his resume so I haven't seen even half of the things he's been in, but what I have, I've been impressed by.

I'd been hoping 2017 would have been better than 2016 but it's shaping up to be about the same.

2. EnderBeta macrumors 6502

EnderBeta

There are a number of results that appear to be confirming it. I'm very sorry for the families loss. I always enjoyed the parts he has played. Rest in peace Mr. Paxton.

3. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

I just got an alert from USAToday with news so it seems to be legit. A good actor. Way to young to die. Condolences to family & friends.

4. freiheit macrumors 6502a

"That's it man. Game over man. Game over!"

Oh c'mon, we were all thinking it. :-|

5. DeepIn2U macrumors 68040

DeepIn2U

Aliens! Loved him in this movie but sorry I'll always remember him as "Chet" Very sad news he was a great actor, sometimes not getting full credit for it. I'm curious if he'll be remembered outspoken by his peers at tonights Oscars?!

6. gkarris macrumors 604

gkarris

7. rhett7660 macrumors G4

rhett7660

Man, loved him in that movie!!!! Also really like him in Weird Science! This is a shock. Me and the wife met him a few years ago at Comic con and actually got a picture with. Super cool dude!

RIP............

8. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

I usually don't give condolences for stars, but I hope Bil Paxton is on to his next big adventure!

9. DeepIn2U macrumors 68040

DeepIn2U

Curious the passing due to operation complications what was he having an operation for?

Either way R.I.P. Bill ... you've touched us all ... Also loved him in Predator 2 - I just remembered that movie and it was quite good with Bill and D.Glover.

10. MechaSpanky macrumors 6502

MechaSpanky

According to Wikipedia "post-surgical stroke following heart surgery".

11. satcomer macrumors 603

satcomer

He was a great method actor and will be missed. I feel sorry for his closet family and friends!