Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cancelled
Original poster
Sep 11, 2014
My husband just got news on his Twitter feed that actor Bill Paxton has passed away. Other news says he died of complications of surgery. He was 61.

Internet is always rife with hoaxed news of celebrity deaths so if I find that to be the case here I'll amend or delete, if possible this topic. update (Thanks for verifications)

If this is true it's a huge shock to this fan.

Update: well this sad news apparently is indeed true. Wow. My husband and I are fans. Bill Paxton has such a huge body of work to his resume so I haven't seen even half of the things he's been in, but what I have, I've been impressed by.

I'd been hoping 2017 would have been better than 2016 but it's shaping up to be about the same.

Last edited:

EnderBeta

macrumors 6502a
Aug 5, 2016
There are a number of results that appear to be confirming it. I'm very sorry for the families loss. I always enjoyed the parts he has played. Rest in peace Mr. Paxton.

Reactions: 5105973

ucfgrad93

macrumors Core
Aug 17, 2007
Colorado
I just got an alert from USAToday with news so it seems to be legit. A good actor. Way to young to die. Condolences to family & friends.

Reactions: 5105973

DeepIn2U

macrumors G5
May 30, 2002
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
"That's it man. Game over man. Game over!"

Oh c'mon, we were all thinking it. :-|

Aliens! Loved him in this movie but sorry I'll always remember him as "Chet" Very sad news he was a great actor, sometimes not getting full credit for it. I'm curious if he'll be remembered outspoken by his peers at tonights Oscars?!

DeepIn2U

macrumors G5
May 30, 2002
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Curious the passing due to operation complications what was he having an operation for?

Either way R.I.P. Bill ... you've touched us all ... Also loved him in Predator 2 - I just remembered that movie and it was quite good with Bill and D.Glover.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.