Billings stop working today, MAS asked for some password

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by al404, Nov 12, 2015.

1. al404 macrumors 6502

al404

I used billings for a long time, i bought from MAS in 2012 did work until today, i opened yesterday without issue

I have latest version of OS X

today on boot i noticed that MAS asked me for login for fantastical or other app
    when i try to open billings it just doesn't do anything not sure what is wrong but i really need this app at least to get al my recorded data out

i had on macbook too but did not use since long time, and it doesn't start there too
    i try to uninstall and reinstall from purchased app but it did not fix

2. RedWeasel macrumors member

This is most likely a App Store issue... we have a lot of these since midnight (Europe)

3. al404 thread starter macrumors 6502

al404

i can't understand why if Mac App store is down or has an issue i can't open my app, that is pretty scary

4. diplodocus macrumors newbie

diplodocus

Same problem here. If this problem isn't corrected VERY soon I won't ever buy anything from this goddamn Mac App Store. :mad:

5. al404 thread starter macrumors 6502

al404

6. spitf1r3 macrumors regular

spitf1r3

MAS is not down, it's related to the 'receipts' which are included within apps from MAS. AFAIK some certificate has expired.
    Hopefully they'll fix it for good, and it won't happen again.

7. al404 thread starter macrumors 6502

al404

This makes sense since is not happening with all apps, do Apple need to fix this or app developer?

8. spitf1r3 macrumors regular

spitf1r3

Apple.

9. al404 thread starter macrumors 6502

al404

today i have got issue with Paste an app that i purchased on may 2015, it keeps popping up that something is wrong with my license

Attached Files:

10. SyneRyder macrumors newbie

SyneRyder

Yup, Billings is not the only software affected, most of the Mac App Store apps are now broken. Check the discussion on this story for more help:

Some Mac App Store Apps 'Damaged' Due To Expired Security Certificate:
    http://forums.macrumors.com/threads...-due-to-expired-security-certificate.1937198/

If you're on 10.7 or newer, you can probably fix it just by signing into the Mac App Store again and rebooting your computer. If you're on 10.6, and a Snow Leopard compatible version is still on the App Store, downloading it again should work. Otherwise - sorry, Apple just broke the apps your purchased, and Apple probably won't be fixing it. Try contacting App Store support, they might offer you a refund on the software you're now lost.

[If you're really stuck, try contacting the makers of your app directly - some will give you a non Mac App Store version instead.]

11. al404 thread starter macrumors 6502

al404

fortunata billings did, but this is really a really bad situation
    since i guess Apple makes a lot of money on app store sale will be better fix this

i will contact them for each app is not working