Bioshock 2 multiplayer

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by jabingla2810, Apr 28, 2009.

1. jabingla2810 macrumors 68020

So its been officially announced that bioshock will have mulitplayer, and it wont be co-op.

I have mixed feelings on this, but I think it could be interesting and fun.

There are some cool possibilities, like maybe 4 player, each person controls a big daddy and has a little sister to protect against waves on splicers.... see who lasts longest....

im just thinking out loud.... to be honest

Or it might just have a bog standard death match etc.... which would be a wasted opportunity, for me anyway

What are your feelings/thoughts/idea's..... :)

2. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Well hopefully it won't be something bog standard. I really wouldn't care about a typical deathmatch game in a game like Bioshock.

3. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

More development time spent on multiplayer = less development time spent on single player......

Personally I'd rather they sort out the multitude of wrongs from the single player experience (repetitive splicers / more puzzle-physics elements which make use of all the different powers-mutations, as there was little need to really experiment with the original and most of your powers were never used / little sisters who all look identical etc....) and give me a much improved Bioshock 2, with extra hours of single player gameplay...

Rather than bunging in some Co-op or multiplayer simply because they are the new 'BUZZ' features these days.

4. e²Studios macrumors 68020

e²Studios

I agree with you here. This is yet another game that MP has no business being in other than to appease that "buzz". Games like this and Uncharted need to stick to SP, forget the MP.

5. Unspoken Demise macrumors 68040

Unspoken Demise

I'm having flashbacks of "the darkness" for xbox 360. Great SP and story, horrid and I mean HORRID MP.

I just hope that they know what they're doing. I'd rather sacrifice MP for 4-5 more hours of SP.

I have Gears, CoD, and L4D for my MP needs. I dont see Bioshock getting on that list, nor should it be.

6. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

Coop is where it's at for console gameplay IMO, that's too bad.

7. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

Are we forgetting this is a big budget game not one of those small studios that don't have enough staff to spread over production. I'm sure 2K has different teams working on the multiplayer section.

Multiplayer in a game doesn't automatically diminish the quality of the single player OR GAME.

Bless

8. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Not automatically, but often. Especially when it's grafted onto a traditionally single player experience.

9. dscuber9000 macrumors 6502a

Thank God it isn't co-op. :D The feeling that 2K tried to bring across in the original BioShock is that you are all alone and what-not.

I think a multiplayer BioShock could be done well. Plasmid battles would be really fun, but they obviously have a lot of balancing issues that they will need to work out before it can be any fun at all. I wonder what the multiplayer will look like. Will everyone be a Big Daddy? :p

The level design should be spot-on. While playing through the original BioShock, I was thinking how awesome each level would be as a multiplayer map. Fontaine's Fisheries seems absolutely perfect.

10. Taustin Powers macrumors regular

I finally started playing the first one tonight! :D

Pretty good so far, I like the art style / mood of it. This kind of shooter makes me wish for keyboard/mouse support though.... The PS3 can do it, why on earth was UT3 the only game to take advantage of that????

11. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

It does supp... oh you're playing a console version :p

12. JackAxe macrumors 68000

JackAxe

It DOES have keyboard and mouse support, it's called the PC version. :p

It was only $5 on STEAM the other month. I paid WAY tooooooo much for my copy. :(

13. Taustin Powers macrumors regular

Yeah yeah, I think we've had that discussion in another thread already, about how I do my gaming on the couch etc... Interested party can go look for it to find out how this conversation continues. :D

On a sidenote, here's an odd complaint about the PS3 version. I turned on subtitles in the options menu, cause some of the dialogue can be hard to understand without it. But now it's also giving me subtitles for every single poster/graphic/graffiti on the wall, which is annoying. Now, the instruction manual mentions TWO different subtitle options in the Options menu - "Dialogue Subtitles" and "Art Subtitles". Hooray, exactly what I am looking for!! However, the ACTUAL Options menu in the game only has one - "Subtitles". So strange. Why did they go through the trouble of writing extra paragraphs in the manual for options that do not exist? :confused: