Bioshock coming to PS3 after all

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by Taustin Powers, May 24, 2008.

1. Taustin Powers macrumors regular

All the major news sites are reporting that it's confirmed now.

To me this is great news. It is pretty much the only X360 exclusive title that I was actually jealous of! It looks like a great game, and unless they butcher it somehow, I will definitely buy it!

2. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

It was referenced in the games code so this was always going to happen. And exclusive? It's on the PC too :p

3. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Meh been there done that. Now if it was viva piñata 2 or banjo kazooie 3 coming to ps3 then I'd be tempted to ditch the 360, both are my highlights for this year :)

4. ert3 macrumors 6502a

ert3

Meh the game is a tad bit easy for my liking.

5. sikkinixx macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

word is Viva Pinata 2 is basically just a "Game of the Year" edition of the first one with some stuff that really could have been DLC added in.

6. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

really?
    where did you see that?

7. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

^ Massive article in Games™ magazine this month as well as a big indepth look at Banjo. They make no mention that it's just a rehash of the first, and the list of new features regardless is big enough to warrant a purchase. The first was a fantastic game, generally critically acclaimed and yet undervalued by the consumer.

New locals and guides, new pinata's, new buildings, new weather, new tools, new multiplayer.... the list goes on.

Ign..

8. sikkinixx macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

A 1up podcast... actually I'm pretty sure it was this weeks EGM Weekly, Garnett Lee, Skip and um... Nick Suttner (I think) were talking about it, saying that it seems like a revamped UI making things a bit easier and some new pinatas, more DLC-esc than true sequel.

9. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

Meh...can't believe what they done with that title...I'm not liking it(the focus seems a lot on that "making vehicles" thing)

As for Bioshock its really not a surprise seeing how code was already in the game for the PS3 version. Everyone gets to play the game now and no one gets to claim how great their console is because of such exclusive.

Bless

10. SamoanDude macrumors regular

11. Zwhaler macrumors 603

Zwhaler

BK3 is one game I really wish the PS3 had. Well, my friend has a 360 so I will probaböy end up playing it at his house when he gets it.

I would rent it, considering it is a single player only game.

12. Chone macrumors 65816

Chone

I don't like BK3's new art style at all, Banjo & Kazooie resemble Invader Zim characters and they have NOTHING of the trademark charm they had in the N64 games. Still the gameplay sounds pretty darn interesting and that's what matters I guess.

Bioshock is a good game but it definitely could have been much better, they dumbed it down so much for the masses it's ridiculous.

13. chew63 macrumors member

I suppose you aren't among the masses.

Anybody who hasn't had the chance to play Bioshock should get to now and that's good. Awesome game.

14. Taustin Powers thread starter macrumors regular

Just played the PS3 demo, and I am very impressed. I love the atmosphere, I will very likely buy this before the month is over.

15. spyker3292 macrumors 65816

I downloaded the demo, but got errors when I tried to install. Now I'm redownloading the demo :p.

16. JackAxe macrumors 68000

JackAxe

I have so many gripes about this game, which I've rambled about too often, but I finally figured out last week the main reason this game was such a let down and such a poor game when compared to the first two Shocks. It was not scary at all. The first Shock was nightmarish, the second one rode off the first for me, until its faults got in the way, and this Shock was "fun" until it became overly repetitive. FUN??? Since when is a HORROR game supposed to be fun? :confused: Why the hell did they turn this game into a FPS action game for the masses? Oh, for money... :(

Stupid focus groups. If you're going to make a Shock game, don't put it in front of a committee of general tards, that probably never played the first games and aren't a fan of sci-fi horror in any form, because they turned this series into a joy ride for kids.

The only good thing, is that this was not System Shock 3 and I hope that 2K never makes it, not if they're going to make it into Disney ride like BioShock on ice.

OK, I'm done griping... For now!

17. e²Studios macrumors 68020

e²Studios

You're beginning to sound like MRU... there can be only 1 MRU :p :eek: ;)

18. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

19. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Hmm, this is the first time I've seen them together at the same time.

20. JackAxe macrumors 68000

JackAxe

:eek: :D

I'm a broken record when it comes to BioShock. :eek:

21. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

Whats wrong with Bioshock...I wouldn't call it horror but it was fun......for two hours then it got repetitive just like all FPS.

The saving grace for this game was the plasmids and the art deco style.

Bless

22. JackAxe macrumors 68000

JackAxe

THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT'S WRONG WITH IT! :eek:

System Shock was "not" repetitive, it really was not a FPS, and it was SCARY!

I haven't played Silent Hill, but I've heard that it's rather scary. OK, imagine if the latest SH game was turned into a complete action FPS and was no longer scary, BUT FUN. Would you still like it?

If System Shock were Alien, SS2 would be Aliens, BioShock would be something directed by Michael Bay, if you get my drift? :(

If you're in the mood for a Michael Bay movie and that's what you're expecting, then that's fine, but if you're expecting something completely different, based on previous examples and you end up seeing something like Transformers, I'm sure you'll be let down.

I bought BioShock based on my experience with System Shock and SS2. I was expecting it to fallow their formulas -- which it did somewhat, I was expecting to be scared and that's not what the game delivered. It delivered a focus-jacked FPS that appeals to the masses and in the process, they raped the Shock name. If I wanted to play a FPS, I would have bought a FPS. :(

They should have not called this game Shock, because it was not a Shock game, but as I mentioned earlier, I'm glad it wasn't System Shock 3 they bastardized with focus groups.

Now I've done it, I've ranted more. :eek:

23. calintz macrumors member

just don't consider Bioshock as a SS game

its definitely been made for a different audience, the console audience, dumbed down and more action orientated
    for what it is, i like it - better than what this gen has offered in terms of FPS

it's not a SS game - but that's my denial

24. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

For a game that gets heavily praised for its story I could pretty much tell who the big boss (like) was going to be from the demo alone. Did the SS games have such predictable plots?

25. JackAxe macrumors 68000

JackAxe

In SS and SS2 you know who the bad guy is, I mean Bad AI girl(Shodan), because it's an intriciate part of the game's plot and story. The timing of Shodan's EVIL voice along whith what she's done to some of the humans, freaked me out! I had a few panic attacks in this game. Thankfully there were elevators to hide in. O.O

@calintz,
    I try to, but the only problem now, is that everybody that jas played and enjoyed this Disney rendition, will expect a BioShock 2, or worse, a SS3 to be along the same lines. This is probably why I go off about the game so much. If BioShock is considered nothing more than a spinoff and SS3 is left in tact -- hopefully better than SS2 -- I'll leave all of my gripes at the door and stop ranting about Bio. :)

I'm just going to think of it as only a spinoff. :eek:

I agree that it is a step up from what has became common place with the console monkeys. :eek: If anything, hopefully it will open their eyes to excepting more sophisticated games, but a BioShock 2 has to have an inventory system.