birthday gift for gf ... suggestions welcome

acidfast7

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 22, 2008
EU
I am open to suggestions. I can provide details to help you make informed suggestions.

note:

1. I already bought her a Yamaha YPT-220

but they arrived early and she's using them because I couldn't hid them in our small apt, so I'd like to have something for the day itself (so think low budget)

best suggestion gets a prize

:D

acidfast7

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 22, 2008
EU
beyond that's she's clearly musically inclined could you tell us anything about her?
scientist that enjoys rock climbing and backpacking.

i can help with more, with more precise questions

:(

----------

come on guys.

this is a serious thread.

last year I bought her an occasional table.

h1r0ll3r

macrumors 68040
Dec 28, 2009
Maryland
Brand new multipurpose backpack from The North Face? She could use it for work and for play. While nothing from The North Face could be considered "low budget" it might be something she would enjoy and find very useful no?

(marc)

macrumors 6502a
Sep 15, 2010
the woods
scientist that enjoys rock climbing and backpacking.
A good tent is always nice, plus you can profit from it as well. :)
Depending on your / her experience, you could also take her to a trip to the Alps. Spring is a good season to climb some of the high summits.

rhett7660

macrumors G5
Jan 9, 2008
Sunny, Southern California
A good tent is always nice, plus you can profit from it as well. :)
Depending on your / her experience, you could also take her to a trip to the Alps. Spring is a good season to climb some of the high summits.
When you say tent.... :)

How about making her something instead of buying it? i.e. a card or a nice dinner?

velocityg4

macrumors 601
Dec 19, 2004
Georgia
How about a card, some flowers or a cake? You already got her a present. It's not necessary to spend extravagantly on a birthday. Just let someone know they are appreciated. Assuming she is really into music you already got her a thoughtful gift.

I say assuming because some people buy gifts they want not the recipient. I'd have know idea as to what the case here is.

On the other hand if someone does expect tons of gifts then run. Your wallet will be empty in no time flat.

milbournosphere

macrumors 6502a
Mar 3, 2009
San Diego, CA
Since you already got her some stuff, I humbly suggest doing something for or with her. I once went nuts in the kitchen with a full home cooked meal with the works and a nice table setting, and she was way excited (I usually loathe cooking). Something like this or a nice outing with a card and some flowers would probably go over very well. :)

Iscariot

macrumors 68030
Aug 16, 2007
Toronteazy
A punch in the face.

Can you hit women in the face? Sure you can! They have faces, don't they?

If its a milestone birthday, use your ring hand.