biteSMS.app replaced MobileSMS.app :)

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by aelalfy, Aug 5, 2010.

1. aelalfy macrumors 6502a

Any reason why I shouldn't just delete MobileSMS.app off my phone? I have no use for it. I replaced bitesms with the mobilesms. I replaced the name of the app, the icon and the lockscreen icon. So Now I have to identical apps on my phone.

Thanks
    AE

2. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

You can't erase Apple's stock apps, even you manually get rid of the app (SSH) it will come back as soon as you sync to iTunes.

You can hide it if you want (use SBsettings)

3. anonymous6237 macrumors 6502

anonymous6237

Just use poof to hide it. You never know when BiteSMS will have an update which crashes something on your phone so you have to remove it.

4. aelalfy thread starter macrumors 6502a

Oh that sucks, would love to delete it cuz bitesms is just pure genius. Anyways I won't install SBSettings for a while nor lockinfo because both use activator, which is causing me a lot of problems. see my thread:

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=984558

Let me know if you encounter this as well.

Thanks
    AE

5. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

Yeah I seen your thread and no I haven't any issues at all. But I understand if you want to stay away from it.

Just put it on a folder on the last page and use Bitesms, on the settings you can tell BiteSMS to reaplace the stock app as much as it can, so it will always open bitesms. :rolleyes:

6. aelalfy thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yea I have done that already. I don't have a problem, it just looks funny. And you said you don't have the issue at all? Thats weird. Several ppl have encountered this problem.

Thanks
    AE

7. tesilential macrumors regular

My BiteSMS doesn't do this anymore! When I click message app it takes me to regular message app. I have to tap the actual BiteSMS to open BiteSMS. I changed the icon so whatever, but its slightly annoying.

8. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

If you tap the Mobilesms.app icon, of course it will take you there, it doesn't replace the app, it just reaplace the system call, like when you have to reply or when you receive one, etc.