biteSMS.app replaced MobileSMS.app :)

aelalfy

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 2, 2010
Berlin, Germany
Any reason why I shouldn't just delete MobileSMS.app off my phone? I have no use for it. I replaced bitesms with the mobilesms. I replaced the name of the app, the icon and the lockscreen icon. So Now I have to identical apps on my phone.

Thanks
AE

maturola

macrumors 68040
Oct 29, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Any reason why I shouldn't just delete MobileSMS.app off my phone? I have no use for it. I replaced bitesms with the mobilesms. I replaced the name of the app, the icon and the lockscreen icon. So Now I have to identical apps on my phone.

Thanks
AE
You can't erase Apple's stock apps, even you manually get rid of the app (SSH) it will come back as soon as you sync to iTunes.

You can hide it if you want (use SBsettings)

Comment

anonymous6237

macrumors 6502
Nov 3, 2007
Plano, TX

Thanks
AE
Just use poof to hide it. You never know when BiteSMS will have an update which crashes something on your phone so you have to remove it.

Comment

aelalfy

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 2, 2010
Berlin, Germany
You can't erase Apple's stock apps, even you manually get rid of the app (SSH) it will come back as soon as you sync to iTunes.

You can hide it if you want (use SBsettings)
Oh that sucks, would love to delete it cuz bitesms is just pure genius. Anyways I won't install SBSettings for a while nor lockinfo because both use activator, which is causing me a lot of problems. see my thread:

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/984558/

Let me know if you encounter this as well.

Thanks
AE

Comment

maturola

macrumors 68040
Oct 29, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Oh that sucks, would love to delete it cuz bitesms is just pure genius. Anyways I won't install SBSettings for a while nor lockinfo because both use activator, which is causing me a lot of problems. see my thread:

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/984558/

Let me know if you encounter this as well.

Thanks
AE
Yeah I seen your thread and no I haven't any issues at all. But I understand if you want to stay away from it.

Just put it on a folder on the last page and use Bitesms, on the settings you can tell BiteSMS to reaplace the stock app as much as it can, so it will always open bitesms. :rolleyes:

Comment

aelalfy

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 2, 2010
Berlin, Germany
Yeah I seen your thread and no I haven't any issues at all. But I understand if you want to stay away from it.

Just put it on a folder on the last page and use Bitesms, on the settings you can tell BiteSMS to reaplace the stock app as much as it can, so it will always open bitesms. :rolleyes:
Yea I have done that already. I don't have a problem, it just looks funny. And you said you don't have the issue at all? Thats weird. Several ppl have encountered this problem.

Thanks
AE

Comment

tesilential

macrumors regular
May 9, 2010

My BiteSMS doesn't do this anymore! When I click message app it takes me to regular message app. I have to tap the actual BiteSMS to open BiteSMS. I changed the icon so whatever, but its slightly annoying.

Comment

maturola

macrumors 68040
Oct 29, 2007
Atlanta, GA
My BiteSMS doesn't do this anymore! When I click message app it takes me to regular message app. I have to tap the actual BiteSMS to open BiteSMS. I changed the icon so whatever, but its slightly annoying.
If you tap the Mobilesms.app icon, of course it will take you there, it doesn't replace the app, it just reaplace the system call, like when you have to reply or when you receive one, etc.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.