Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

While Apple's Black Friday sales are over, 3rd party sales remain in effect throughout the weekend. See Chart below.

Apple has officially unveiled their U.S. Black Friday sales for their online and retail stores. The discounts are in line with past year events, ranging from 4-10% depending on the product.

- MacBook Pro ($101 Discount, 4-8%)
- iMac ($101 Discount, 5-8%)
- iPod Nano ($11 Discount, 6-7%)
- iPod Touch ($21-$41 Discount, 10%)
- Apple TV ($21 Discount, 9%)

Other Mac Discounts: Black Friday through Cyber Monday

For more substantial discounts, readers can turn to 3rd party retailers. This year, MacConnection appears to have the most substantial discounts for the majority of Macs by combining instant and rebate discounts. In particular, MacBook Pros are seeing as high as $300 (13%) discounts, with the recently updated iMacs also discounted up to 13%. However, while Amazon may not have the best prices across the board, all the discounts are applied instantly and no mail-in rebate is required.

Prices for MacMall, MacConnection and Amazon have been included, with the best price in bold.

Click on prices to link directly to product.* considered "best" price since no rebate required​

App Store Discounts

iPhone developers are discounting their iPhone apps again this holiday season. A full list of discounts can be found at AppShopper, and major publishers like EA and Gameloft already in on the action. Meanwhile, a list of other iPhone game sales have been compiled at TouchArcade.com

Software / Other

- Parallels 5 is discounted to $69 (normally $79) this weekend
- VMWare 3 is discounted to $63.99 (normally $79) this weekend - use Promo Code "dsktp20sale" at checkout.
- Microsoft Office 2008 (Home and Student) for $89.99 (normally $149.95)
- Adobe Photoshop Elements 8 for $64.99 after rebate (normally $99.99).
- Amazon has a special page for their Black Friday sales.

Several of the vendors listed are affiliate partners with MacRumors and sales benefit the site financially

Article Link: Black Friday/Cyber Monday Sales 2009, Other Major Discounts on Macs

Journojulz

macrumors 65816
Oct 6, 2008
Katamari on iphone?

SWEET!

-------------------------

what are the best UK prices for the entry white macbook?
(its time to get Ma on mac)

Anyone beat amazon?

Amazon
Apple MacBook white (2.26GHz, 2GB RAM, 250GB Hard Drive, GeForce 9400M) by Apple (Electronics - 21 Oct 2009)
Buy new: (apple store £799.00) £759.90

old shape (but with firewire)

Amazon
Apple MC240B/A 2.13GHz 2GB RAM 160GB HDD GeForce9400M MacBook - White by Apple (Electronics - 28 May 2009)
Buy new: (was £749.00) £696.84

TwoBytes

macrumors 68040
Jun 2, 2008
i believe education discount is better so it's not worth if...unless you know any people in uni?

rotlex

macrumors 6502a
May 1, 2003
PA
Seriously, what is he point of these discounts? I can get better prices w/o tax from Amazon and MacMall.

Indeed. Ordered a white Macbook yesterday for $884 from Amazon. Plus no sales tax=great price! You would think Apple could for ONE DAY at least, sell stuff for the same price as the resellers. Ah well, at least there ARE places to buy this stuff cheaper. :)

Journojulz

macrumors 65816
Oct 6, 2008
I suppose Apple could sell cheaper if they closed the stores and stopped advertising... That would be a more level playing field with amazon.

But I am not in a mood to quibble - the more money apple gets - the more they can spend on making products that are worth paying that bit more for.

steveotron

macrumors member
Nov 22, 2009
I got the entry-level iMac from Amazon during the Lighting Deals thing they had yesterday for $1049 with no tax; they were sold out in about 3 seconds during the promotion.

pmz

macrumors 68000
Nov 18, 2009
NJ
What a sad, missed opportunity.

$750 MacBooks would fly off the shelves today.

$1000 MacBooks will stay right where they are. Too bad.

zinka

macrumors regular
Nov 27, 2009
Seriously, what is he point of these discounts? I can get better prices w/o tax from Amazon and MacMall.

Amazon and MacMall do charge sales tax. Sad. Is there anywhere to buy Macs without sales tax at reasonable prices these days?

rotlex

macrumors 6502a
May 1, 2003
PA
Amazon and MacMall do charge sales tax. Sad. Is there anywhere to buy Macs without sales tax at reasonable prices these days?

Maybe for your state, but not for mine, or many, regarding sales tax. As someone said above, this is a HUGE plus even if paying full price!

pmz

macrumors 68000
Nov 18, 2009
NJ
Consider. What's the purpose of Apple products on sale for Black Friday?

Online? Forget it. Online has almost nothing to do with Black Friday. Aside from the added knowledge that other people are out buying, online sales on Black Friday are irrelevant.

In store sales, however, are driven by the rabid, savage atmosphere in which the sales are taking place. By placing a product on sale on Black Friday, you're essentially adding that product to the long list of on sale products "mall wide". By doing this, you make the product "eligible" for purchase on Black Friday. On this day, no one is buying anything that's not on sale.

And in my opinion, no one will be buying Apple products at any increased rate due to these so-called discounts. 4% is enough to make a shopper LAUGH heartily, and shake their head at the arrogance. Especially when we're talking about products that are at least 25% overpriced to begin with.

polaris20

macrumors 68020
Jul 13, 2008
I was hoping one of the resellers would have deals on last Gen Mac Minis......I want one as my DVR computer.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.