Black Friday Deals

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by danny-bonaducci, Nov 13, 2007.

1. danny-bonaducci macrumors member

I am pretty close to buying another iMac.. I have already done a bit of early shopping for the kids and picked up a couple of great deals on 17" whites. But I would like to get at least one, maybe two more of the aluminums. I noticed the 20" on the refurb site for $1299, but I can get the same thing using my education discount for $1399... I would rather spend the extra $100 in this case, but I am wondering if black Friday might bring some better deals..

Does anyone remember what was offered online or in store last year? I was not in the market for any Apple hardware at the time so I did not pay any attention..

Thanks-
    -DB

2. arn macrumors god

arn

Staff Member

3. ryannel2003 macrumors 68000

ryannel2003

Last year I know they discounted the MacBook's $100. I think the iMac was that exactly or even higher. I'm not sure... i was gonna wait for Black Friday too. But I scored a 17" C2D for $849 this afternoon, so I went ahead and picked that up.

4. danny-bonaducci thread starter macrumors member

Yeah, I have picked up on this deal as well.. Assuming the education discount applies I would be able to get new at a refurb price on the aluminums. I live in one of the few states without sales tax so I am covered there...

Thanks all-

-DB

5. coachingguy macrumors 6502a

coachingguy

What????

Where oh Where did you get this? I've been watching the refurb site weekly, I've never seen anything close to this price...

Coachingguy

6. danny-bonaducci thread starter macrumors member

These generally show up in the morning and are sold out by lunch. I had to watch a few days to catch the deal. You might check around 7:00 AM PST each morning until you see them.. I have purchased two in the last few weeks, one for each lucky kid..

-DB

7. ingenious macrumors 65832

ingenious

Virginia, United States (Kansan in exile)
    grr... Amazon always charges me sales tax... there's a distribution center in Kansas (wonderfully about 30 minutes from where I live, but unfortunately, it's like a housewares warehouse or something... like toilet paper and toothbrushes. I don't get Apple stuff earlier- or any other high profile items either.).

8. coachingguy macrumors 6502a

coachingguy

I must have been tired...

I thought DB was referring to a 17" MB Pro! Doh! Yeah, I've seen the iMac. I've got a G5 one now, I'm going to wait until the Alu iMac's start showing up refurbed. Still $849, is a heckuva deal!

Coachingguy

9. mehck macrumors newbie

They are on the refurb list now.

10. vasoftball5 macrumors newbie

Black Friday deals

Do you think the Apple stores would have any B.F. discounts? There's an Apple store close to my work. I would love the timing!!! :D

11. Mindflux macrumors 68000

Mindflux

Don't forget to use Fatwallet's clickthrough to the apple store for 1% Fat-Cash back (after 90 days or there abouts). :)

12. jbg232 macrumors 65816

jbg232

I need to buy an imac for my parents this weekend. Will apple do any kind of "price-match" to the black friday price if we buy it 5 days before black friday and bring the receipt (and computer if need be) into the store?

13. coachingguy macrumors 6502a

coachingguy

Check out the refurbed site! You'll get great deals there! Better than anything on B.F.. I'd be surprised if they price matched.:(

Coachingguy

14. amac4me macrumors 65816

amac4me

Here's what the deals were last year on Black Friday (2006):

* iPod nano = save up to $21 plus free laser engraving
    * iPod = save up to $31 plus free laser engraving
    * MacBook = save $101.00 on the superfast, do-everything notebook
    * iMac = save $101.00 on the ultimate all-in-one desktop
    * iPod Hi-Fi = save $51.00
    * Apple wireless Mighty Mouse = save $11.00
    * Apple iPod Earphones = save $5.00
    * AirPort Express Base Station = save $41.00
    * iPod Radio Remote = save $11.00
    * Nike + iPod Sport Kit = save $5.00
    * .Mac = save $31.95
    * Office 2004 for Mac Standard Edition = save $41.95
    * Parallels Desktop for Mac = save $11.95

15. macken macrumors newbie

Black Friday and EPP Store

The government agency I work yesterday (Thursday 11/15) posted an Apple flyer on our intranet site for the Black Friday sale starting at 12:01 am PST to 11:59 pm on Friday 11/23. The flyer said that the sale would be "Online Only" and according to our HR folks you can combine the traditional EPP discount and the black friday savings. No specifics were given on product discounts but I would expect they would be similar to last year's discounts posted above.

16. photomel macrumors member

That might just be enough to get me to buy next week.....I've been ready to pull the trigger. If I could combine my EDD with some other savings I would definately buy the iMac I have been drooling over!

17. buffalo macrumors 65816

I was wondering the same thing. This is what Apple has to say about prices... It seems as though they would refund the difference, but I would call first to make sure.

link

18. jackc macrumors 65816

jackc

The Black Friday discount probably wouldn't apply to refurbs, right?

19. MacinDoc macrumors 68020

MacinDoc

Right.

20. photomel macrumors member

Black Friday sale

I sounds like they would honor the Black Friday price......unless there is some small print on the day of those prices.....it seems you could get BF prices up to two weeks before the actual sale. Hmmm.... maybe I should just order it now? I am getting the edu discount, no sales tax in my state, but another $100 bucks off would be great!! Maybe I could step up to the 24" iMac? Decisions, decisions! :confused:

21. buffalo macrumors 65816

The $100 won't be added on to the EDU discount. It's one or the other.

22. photomel macrumors member

That does make a difference........one OR the other. I can get the educational discount any time. Thanks!! :D