Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple's Magic Trackpad 2 has dropped to $84.99 in new condition on Woot, down from $129.99. This is one of the best prices we've ever tracked on the accessory, and only Woot has the deal.

magic-trackpad-2-gingerbread.jpg
Note: MacRumors is an affiliate partner with Woot. When you click a link and make a purchase, we may receive a small payment, which helps us keep the site running.

The Magic Trackpad 2 is in new condition and is in stock and ready to ship from Woot, with free shipping options available for Amazon Prime members. The Magic Trackpad 2 is compatible with Macs and iPads (running iPadOS 13.4 or later), and only the white color option is on sale today.

This appears to be the model that ships with a USB-A to Lightning cable, instead of the more current models that ship with USB-C to Lightning cables.

You can find all the Apple Black Friday Deals currently available in our dedicated post. For everything else, we're keeping track of all of the season's best Apple-related deals in our Black Friday roundup, so be sure to check back throughout the month for an updated list of all the most notable discounts you'll find for Black Friday 2022.

Update: This sale has expired.

Article Link: Black Friday Discount Arrives for Magic Trackpad 2, Available for $84.99 ($44 Off) [Update: Sold Out]

Last edited:

sdf

macrumors 6502a
Jan 29, 2004
This appears to be the model that ships with a USB-A to Lightning cable, instead of the more current models that ship with USB-C to Lightning cables.
Not to mention Apple’s latest trackpad is just called Magic Trackpad now, not Magic Trackpad 2.

Reactions: SFjohn

codq

macrumors newbie
Jul 17, 2018
New York, NY
While I'm extremely excited for the rumored USB-C iPhone, it's not going to be as useful as we might think until *all Apple devices* are USB-C. The dream is to live that one-cable life.

My AirPods Max are lightning. My Magic Mouse and Keyboard are Lightning. My AirPods Pro are lightning. My PowerBeats Pro are lightning. My AppleTV remote is lightning (though the new ones are USB-C—progress!)

And since I'm not the kind of person to throw away working products, it's not going to be until my current stuff breaks that I'll buy any new versions—and I certainly won't buy anything with lightning, moving forward.

(side note: I was looking at external microphones to up my zoom quality, and the newest Shure mics use micro-USB! Are you kidding!)

It's going to be a while before we start living that one-cable life...

Chazak

macrumors 6502
Aug 15, 2022
I have been looking for a deal on a trackpad, but not willing to pay full rate on an older version which will suit me fine.

Charles50

macrumors member
Feb 2, 2013
I bought the Magic Trackpad 2 just about the time it was introduced, wow that was like 2015. I got a small discount on sale, nothing close to this. Highly recommended. Mine is so old, the surface is getting smooth by all that finger rubbing, and the battery needs to be charged a little more often, but it's running fine.

SFjohn

macrumors 68020
Sep 8, 2016
I’ve been considering getting an iMac - do you use the Magic Mouse at all, or a different mouse? I’m wondering if I should get only the Trackpad and leave the Magic Mouse out of the config (I do have another Logitech wireless mouse).
I’ve been using a trackpad for over a decade, you couldn’t pay me to use a mouse again. So I’m team trackpad all the way! 😉

DocMultimedia

macrumors 68000
Sep 8, 2012
Charlottesville, VA
I’ve been considering getting an iMac - do you use the Magic Mouse at all, or a different mouse? I’m wondering if I should get only the Trackpad and leave the Magic Mouse out of the config (I do have another Logitech wireless mouse).
I just use the trackpad. I do have a magic mouse that I could use, but got used to just the trackpad after a few years of mixed use.

Reactions: Brad7 and SFjohn

CarAnalogy

macrumors 601
Jun 9, 2021
Magic Trackpad all the way. I used my Mac Mini for a while with the mouse I was using in Windows and it never felt quite right. Got the space grey trackpad when they discontinued it.

When I used that, it was like “ooooh I get it now.” MacOS is meant to be used with a trackpad. Scrolling, zooming, even tracking speed is all designed for trackpad. And of course the gestures. I don’t even know what to do anymore without a touchpad for the gestures.

• Love
Reactions: Brad7 and SFjohn

MaxBurn

macrumors 65816
Nov 25, 2010
Is there any interest in a Magic Trackpad 1? I've had one kicking around here for a long time now that I no longer use, make me an offer.

jtdx99

macrumors member
Aug 28, 2021
Canada
Sold mine after 2 months of use. The trackpad is definitely better than the Magic Mouse but it's nothing compared to a Logitech MX Master 3S. Plus my wrist gets swollen after hours of use on the trackpad

• Wow
Reactions: Brad7
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.