Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

eric55lv

Original poster
Aug 5, 2007
Las Vegas,NV
Black Friday is coming up and i dont want to got to the mall,Wal Mart ,ect.
because
1.TOO MANY PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2.People are sooooo rude
and people start cusing just for a pair of socks or stuff like that

adrianblaine

macrumors 65816
Oct 12, 2006
Pasadena, CA
100% agree. I never go shopping on Black Friday. My sanity is worth so much more than saving a few bucks. I've stopped shopping at Wal-Mart altogether and I'm weaning myself off of Target. Shop at the little guys and support independent retail!

eric55lv

Original poster
Aug 5, 2007
Las Vegas,NV
100% agree. I never go shopping on Black Friday. My sanity is worth so much more than saving a few bucks. I've stopped shopping at Wal-Mart altogether and I'm weaning myself off of Target. Shop at the little guys and support independent retail!
Dont get me started on saying about the Apple store on black friday

CalBoy

macrumors 604
May 21, 2007
I've worked Black Friday before...quite the test if you ask me. Got there at 5 am and I was the credit card processor. You'd think that that would be easier than regular cashiering, but boy was it worse. As soon as you're done processing one, ten other people come up wanting to get one.

I'm going to be very picky with Black Friday this year. The only thing I want is a new external drive and maybe a TV(small one for my room). If I can get them cheap, I'll head out. If not, then forget it. It isn't worth your sanity to bother with.

Mechcozmo

macrumors 603
Jul 17, 2004
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows 98; PalmSource/Palm-Zir4; Blazer/4.0) 16;320x320)

No way I'll be able to get anything on Black Friday I can't get elsewhere for much greater savings in sanity.

Vuzie

macrumors regular
Jun 20, 2007
Maryland
I rather enjoy my warm toasty bed while most are freezing their backsides off in lines. I've never really understood getting up at the bu++crack of dawn to fight in line with 1000 other people for the same 2 windoze laptops.

furcalchick

macrumors 68020
Dec 19, 2006
South Florida
For the benefit of a Brit, living in Canada - who's too lazy to Google, when is Black Friday this year? :eek:

it's always the day after american thanksgiving, and it's the 23rd this year.

as for me, i'll only go if there's a good deal on some games i want or some other junk i want. so i'm not shopping that long, just rush to get the stuff early and get out.

i always check http://bfads.net/ to see what's on sale at the big box retailers around town.

iRachel

macrumors 6502a
I hate black Friday. My mom and brother love it, though. They'll get up at 3 in the morning and go stand in line to get whatever they want. I just pray they don't wake me up when they get up that early. Unfortunately, one year my brother was trying to be nice and not turn on the light in the hallway - and he promptly crashed into the hall table where we keep keys, purses, mittens, etc. So I ended up waking up anyway.

devilot

Moderator emeritus
May 1, 2005
I used to love Black Friday.

Before the huge electronics "door busters" and all that, v few folks would bother getting to stores at 7am. The women in my family (including extended relatives) and some men, would all get to a few choice stores and enjoy the peace and quiet. By the time we'd had our fill-- just about noon, there would be parking space stalkers and lotsa rude anxious folks. But we'd just head out for lunch. :D

The last few years? Too many retailers trying too damned hard to woo customers. So of course, it's worked. Lots of big ticket items (big TVs, cheap computers, etc.) and lots of hype means that folks line up the night before and even malls get packed by 8am. Phooey.

They killed the one activity my family got along doing. Hmph. :p

That said, I frequent different bargain hunting sites and don't bother w/ those stores that I know people will be lining up for. I look for v specific deals and go after them guerrilla style and try to get out unscathed.

MacNut

macrumors Core
Jan 4, 2002
CT
Nothing says Merry Christmas like 5 mothers fighting for 1 Tickle Me Elmo doll.:p

CorvusCamenarum

macrumors 65816
Dec 16, 2004
Birmingham, AL
If things don't improve (as in me having found a better job by then), I'll have to work it. My company screwed me over to the tune of about $500 in back pay, so as soon as I have another job lined up, I'm walking.

Jschultz

macrumors 6502a
Mar 14, 2005
Chicago, IL
I am not looking forward to Black Friday, as usual.

This will be my 4th with Circuit City, and I had one with Best Buy as well.

The only good thing is finishing the day with about 16 hrs punched in my timesheet. Otherwise, it sucks to have to be there at 4AM, and not leave till 6 or 7 PM.

Although, last year we had two non-english speaking old ladies (one was polish, one was hispanic) fighting over a 1gb memory card. They both seemed to be cussing each other out in their own native language, very loudly. I think 5 minutes into it, they both realized that their attempts were futile. I was amused though!

EricNau

Moderator emeritus
Apr 27, 2005
San Francisco, CA
Although, last year we had two non-english speaking old ladies (one was polish, one was hispanic) fighting over a 1gb memory card. They both seemed to be cussing each other out in their own native language, very loudly. I think 5 minutes into it, they both realized that their attempts were futile. I was amused though!
Who won? :p

Ish

macrumors 68020
Nov 30, 2004
UK
Last year the online Apple Store had black Friday bargains. No need to queue. It even carried over to the UK store - bought my .Mac subscription then. If it happens again this year I'll renew it then too and buy Applecare from there as well.

Virgil-TB2

macrumors 65816
Aug 3, 2007
Sounds scary! :eek:
black-friday.jpg

zioxide

macrumors 603
Dec 11, 2006
Black Friday is pointless. They only sell stupid cheap **** anyways. You see ads for like "42'' LCD TV ONLY $399" and its some random cheap ass brand that breaks in 2 weeks.

Oh, and why anyone would want to go out shopping at 4am (especially the day after thanksgiving) is beyond me. That day is for sleeping in after a long day of turkey and football.

Big-TDI-Guy

macrumors 68030
Jan 11, 2007
(#*$!! Why did you have to remind me of that day?

Think Black Friday is bad? Try living in Nashua, NH for the entire 2 months AFTER Black Friday. B/C NH is tax free on sales - EVERYONE from Mass comes up here to hit all the malls, ect...

My 10 minute commute to work turns into 45 minutes from Black Friday in November, to about the 2nd week of January (after all the xmas returns)

Bleh, the one major (#*$ thing about living in Southern NH.

FoxyKaye

macrumors 68000
Bleh, the one major (#*$ thing about living in Southern NH.
Just one? I grew up in Amherst in the 70s/80s, by high school I couldn't wait to leave NH, no sales tax be damned.

But seriously - folks still shop in, like, actual retail bricks & mortar stores? I think the only thing I've bought in bricks & mortar stores is clothing - everything else has been ordered online from the comfort and privacy of my own home. Then again, I haven't tried to buy something like a 42" plasma TV online, either...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.