Black Macbook 13.3" & MacBook Pro 17" side by side shots

chosenwolf

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 4, 2006
Los Angeles
I ordered a MacBook a week ago for my brother and it arrived today. It is definitely not for everyone, especially those who wear contact lenses (like me). The small wide aspect + the gloss took its toll on my eyes. Anyways, the machine is blazing fast and I only have one issue so far (screen flicker on boot up, see other thread). It doesn't moo but does get @ the upper left corner of the notebook.

Here are some pics with my 17" MacBook Pro:

calebjohnston

macrumors 68000
Jan 24, 2006
The 17" is really much bigger in person. It's a very large laptop - that doesn't mean bad though.

vakej

macrumors member
Mar 13, 2006
I tested the 17" MBP at the apple store. I actually found the distance to the keyboard a bit much (personally comfort/opinion). There is a lot of "real estate", but hey it's a 17" screen :)

I found the MB keyboard to be quite comfortable. :eek:

vj

SuperSnake2012

macrumors 6502a
Oct 11, 2005
NY
Yeah, the contrast between the black Macbook and white Apple logo makes a really cool effect. :D I like the white one, and it's a lot cheaper. ;)

Josias

macrumors 68000
Mar 10, 2006
sweet. I hope someone soon will take comparison shots of white MB and the two sizes MBP...:D

Pancake

macrumors regular
Apr 7, 2003
Anchorage, Alaska
I was going to say how greedy you were with a MBP and a MB but then I reread your post and it says the MacBook is for your brother. :)

The screens look great on both.

Nar1117

macrumors 6502
Apr 15, 2006
The brightness of the computer goes up/down depending on whether you have it plugged in or not. Plugged>brighter.

Its quite nice, the display i mean.

And i also like the white box for the Black macbook. I think if you ordered a white one, the box would maybe be black? Maybe not, since the macbook boxes are already black. Apple is all about contrast. The white computers when everyone had a black one, then the black computers when everyone has a silver/white one. Genius.

steelfist

macrumors 6502a
Aug 10, 2005
i noticed that the borders of the macbook top and the display itself is kinda thick compared to the mbp. a little annoyance, but to me it's still annoying. for apple it's still possible to have a smaller macbook and still have 13 inch display

Copland

macrumors regular
May 26, 2006
Rochester, NY
X5-452 said:
...I will admit that the white logo on the black looks pretty slick.
I agree. That looks awesome!

I'm surprised by how close in size the two computers are, considering a difference of 4".

Apple could definitely make the MB smaller.

poppe

macrumors 68020
Apr 29, 2006
Woodland Hills
X5-452 said:
I prefer the white MacBook, but I will admit that the white logo on the black looks pretty slick.
I really liked the white... I always thought the black would just be an Apple logo'ed (is that right) computer that had a PC look to it...

That is until I was at the Apple store oh man... That black its fantastic... I never thought I would like it that much. I really thought that a black Nano Ipod like paint job would be so much better but I was so wrong...

bbrosemer

macrumors 6502a
Jan 28, 2006
Of course it is all about contrast because that is how most artists/web designers work and that is what apple goes for a creative looking product with stark contrasts. That should be every computer makers goal but the only one that does it is apple and I have to say I love my MacBook Pro 17'' and I think alot more people would buy them if they could only see how comfortable the keyboard distance is when you are sitting down.

poppe

macrumors 68020
Apr 29, 2006
Woodland Hills
bbrosemer said:
Of course it is all about contrast because that is how most artists/web designers work and that is what apple goes for a creative looking product with stark contrasts. That should be every computer makers goal but the only one that does it is apple and I have to say I love my MacBook Pro 17'' and I think alot more people would buy them if they could only see how comfortable the keyboard distance is when you are sitting down.
I have to agree Apple's computers are amazing... everyone they have seems some out like your looking at a rare phenomenom... not because u rarely seem them but because they have that unbelievable feeling to them... like "that sleek looking thing is acctually a computer... I didn't even think they could make a computer look like that"

slffl

macrumors 65816
Mar 5, 2003
Seattle, WA
I'm waiting to get a 17" MBP as soon as it can open the same angle as my 17" PB. Do you have a pic comparing how far the screens can open on the two?