Black Macbook Battery replacement

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by soanis, Oct 16, 2017.

1. soanis macrumors regular

soanis

Looking for a decent ebay vendor for a new black battery replacement.

Anybody have any suggestions/clues? Something you bought and works well?
    It doesn't necessarily have to be authentic, just worth the money.

Thanks ;)

2. KhunJay macrumors 6502

KhunJay

No idea but just thought I'd share.

I have a black macbook which Ive been using as a backup computer....the first battery swelled up...so I bought a new one from apple at an absurd price....within a year or so that one swelled up too.

So I just removed it and now run it on AC power alone. I remember reading that apple said it's dangerous to run the laptop w/o a battery.

It's been 5 years now and nothing has happened. Apple make some ok products but when it comes to grabbing your money no one beats those jerks.

3. soanis thread starter macrumors regular

soanis

I have my 2nd battery on it, bought from amazon in 2010 I think, no swelling whatsoever on any of them, but it's a pain if I don't have it plugged in. It will show 30mins remaining time and then a moment later it would simply turn off completely, needing restart. plus reindexing for the hdd.

4. Fuzzball84 macrumors 6502

I never understood why they said its dangerous to run without a battery. Usually PC manufacturers recommend taking battery out if its going to be used for long periods on AC only... and if you dont need the battery to function as a UPS etc.

5. JackieInCo Suspended

It's not dangerous. My black MB battery swelled up 4-5 years ago and I used it without a battery for the next two years. I still have it but I just don't have a use for it anymore with a 2012 non retina MB and a 2015 MBP.