Black or White iPad?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Eahdawn, Jul 21, 2012.

1. Eahdawn macrumors member

As the title says. Genuinely cannot choose, stuck at the color choosing section on the Apple site. Are their any differences between the black and white iPads, e.g, white iPad's besle easily noticed watching movies in the dark? I know I'm nit picking, but who wouldn't when spending €500 on something? :)

2. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

3. SandboxGeneral Moderator

SandboxGeneral

Staff Member

Other than what you stated, the differences are clearly obvious. I went with black on mine because I like the look better.

4. BluePhoenixRa, Jul 21, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2012

BluePhoenixRa macrumors regular

It depends on you really, cause our choices are based on what we like.

Best suggestion, go to an Apple Store, play with both the colors, see what fits you.

As for why I picked my color..
    Black's my favorite color. That, and blue. All my digital stuff are black.

5. Eahdawn thread starter macrumors member

Yeah, I'll go with the black. Have a white iPhone 4s, that's the only reason I was thinking of getting a white iPad! Thanks fellas!

6. Smithey1981 macrumors member

I chose white as it looks cleaner and more minamilistic and doesn't show all the nasty finger prints and smudges, just my preference though

7. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

8. virginblue4 macrumors 68000

virginblue4

I have the white iPad. It is much nicer than the black one in my opinion. And no, the white bezel is not distracting when watching movies and playing games etc.

9. Shrink macrumors G3

Shrink

WOW!!!

What an original idea for a thread.

This is certainly the first time this question of color has ever shown up on the forum.

Soon we will be discussing how white is girlie and only a guy light in the loafers would ever get a white one. This, too, has never been discussed, so it will be fascinating to follow this discussion.

PLEASE...MAKE IT STOP!!!

Attached Files:

10. TheGenerous macrumors 6502a

TheGenerous

I'd like a white one, but maybe just because I have the original iPad and there was't a choice.

Black is more discrete for sure.

11. ihatephish macrumors regular

I only had black apple products from iPhone 3-4 and iPad 1-2.

I now have a white 4S and white "new" iPad and love it. No way I'm going bAck to black, despite what "they" say.

12. Jackintosh, Jul 21, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2012

Jackintosh macrumors 6502a

Jackintosh

White for me, no question.

----------

There may not be much more to talk about, and for the moderators then to moderate. :)

13. marcusj0015 macrumors 65816

I like the black one, it doesn't show grime as well, and it's not so jarring to look at it when it's off.

14. nightlong macrumors 6502a

nightlong

I chose white because as someone else said doesnt show fingerprints so much but also because the black is too much like a picture frame or tv screen, the white feels more open to me.

15. noteple macrumors 65816

16. docprego macrumors 65816

I've had both. I prefer black because I can't get used to the border around the screen on the white iPad between the LCD and the bezel. On the black iPad this border is not obvious.

17. Pamani macrumors regular

Pamani

I have the black and my wife has a white one. I like the black better.

18. bosco2012 macrumors member

As usual, men will choose black color, and women like white color better, is it right?

19. Eahdawn thread starter macrumors member

Wow. Amazing to see so many people responding! Thanks :)

I noticed this on my white iPhone 4s after another guy in the forums mentioned it, and it's pretty annoying once you get it in your head! Another reason to go with the black. Thanks man!

20. AQUADock macrumors 65816

AQUADock

No. White and black are both neutral colours.

21. xnickitynickx macrumors regular

xnickitynickx

the white is girly comment is seriously stupid. Black and white are the most neutral colors there are. Aside from gray which is just both.

As for the OP, i went with black on both my 4S and iPad (3). I prefer it, but to each his own. My brother went with black on iPad but white on iPhone. You just gotta see what works better for you i guess :)

22. iEvolution, Jul 22, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2012

iEvolution macrumors 65816

So how about you don't open this thread if you don't have anything nice to say or anything relating to the topic except some smart @ss comment? Its actually more aggravating to see these kinds of posts than repeat of certain topics and these kinds of posts are a negative reflection of the community as a whole.

That being said OP the search engine will show plenty of topics on this:
    http://forums.macrumors.com/search.php?searchid=28942106

For me I picked black because as much as I love white I worry that white will yellow overtime.

23. ChristianJapan macrumors 601

ChristianJapan

24. Shrink macrumors G3

Shrink

Since, happily, the negative down vote no longer exists, the only way to register one negative feelings about a post is to actually say something. I'm sure you are not suggesting that all negative posts are inappropriate.

If you are suggesting that the snotty nature of my post was inappropriate or in bad taste, with that I would not argue... that's a matter of one's feelings toward the use of irony or sarcasm. :)

But I would argue that negative posts (perhaps a bit less snarky than mine) are perfectly appropriate. Your suggestion that the OP do a Search before opening a redundant thread was more helpful than my post.:D

25. boy-better-know macrumors 65816

boy-better-know

I bought the new iPad in white purely because my previous iPads have all been black. Just wanted to mix it up a bit. Having owned both, I think I shall be returning to black with the next iPad.