Black Safari looks real nice..

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by Nanasaki, Aug 10, 2013.

1. Nanasaki macrumors 6502

Nanasaki

I always think iOS 7 uses to much white and it kind hurt my eye during the night where I lay down and have my lights off.

But black Safari in private browsing mode, it looks real nice with the transparency and blurring effect. Much nicer than white and it is not hurting my eyes much.

[​IMG]

If her keyboard could be black, it will be perfect.

P.S. In exchange for good looking black Safari, you sacrifices stability of Safari, crashed 4 time in an hour when I reading manga online and crashed once when I up,lading pictures

2. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

Black + flat makes some rather interesting results...

3. bigpoppamac31 macrumors 68000

I was actually going to post a question about Safari being black but you may have answered my question. I've seen it a few times while browsing iPhones in stores and noticed in iOS 6 that one phone would have the blue address bar and one would have black. I always liked the black better but never knew how to get it black on my iPhone. if Private Browsing is how it's done then so be it. I think the black looks really nice.

4. WhackyNinja macrumors 68000

WhackyNinja

5. Nanasaki thread starter macrumors 6502

Nanasaki

Yes, if you turn on private mode, the address bar will be change to black. In iOS 6, it is kind a hassle to do that, because you need go to general->Safari to turn on private browsing. In iOS 7, you could do it right in browser.

6. bigpoppamac31 macrumors 68000

Yes that would be nice. But it seems Apple in some ways doesn't like options and kinda tell the user what they should like.

----------

Yeah I noticed that. It would be nice if one could just switch from white to black without using private browsing.

7. Nanasaki thread starter macrumors 6502

Nanasaki

Well, you can jailbreak when jailbreak come out.

8. Will2145 macrumors 6502

Will2145

Been using private browsing safari since beta 1. Absolutely stunning with the black iPhone, transparency blurring is great. Love it

9. GreyOS macrumors 68030

GreyOS

If you want to get another idea of what a dark themed iOS 7 might be like, another place is when editing a photo in the Photos app.

10. jeremiah239 macrumors 6502a

jeremiah239

11. AngerDanger macrumors 68030

AngerDanger

As Matt Smith WhackyNinja said, black and white themes would be great. Hell, even a toggle in general settings labeled 'Dark Mode' would be great. Apple doesn't need to feel like they're giving us significant control. :D

Or you can join the Tautology Club directly. :p

12. nikicampos macrumors 6502a

OMG a beta crashing?!?!? We must alert the president.

Come on, then people complain why they are told "it's a beta".

13. Doublea6 macrumors regular

Doublea6

I hate how the photo app is white, it annoys me going white to black when wanting to see the whole pictures.