Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Would the Black SS look good with a Sport Band?

• No way

Votes: 3 5.8%
  • Yes, only if it's a Black Sport Band

Votes: 23 44.2%
  • Yes, all colors would look good!

Votes: 26 50.0%

• Total voters

lupend88

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 13, 2010

JayLenochiniMac

macrumors G5
Nov 7, 2007
New Sanfrakota
Do you (or anyone else) know why the black sport band and white sport band are different weights? According to this article, (in 38mm size) the white is 47g and the black is 37g.

http://www.imore.com/which-apple-watch-steel-band-should-you-get

The theory is the lighter the color, the more dense (heavier) the material must be in order not to pick up dirt. Black sport bands don't show dirt as easily so it can be less dense/lighter than colored and white sport bands.

Luba

macrumors 68000
Apr 22, 2009
Where do you get the weights for the sport bands? I looked on Apple.com and couldn't find the info.

The theory is the lighter the color, the more dense (heavier) the material must be in order not to pick up dirt. Black sport bands don't show dirt as easily so it can be less dense/lighter than colored and white sport bands.

JayLenochiniMac

macrumors G5
Nov 7, 2007
New Sanfrakota
Where do you get the weights for the sport bands? I looked on Apple.com and couldn't find the info.

It's right there on apple.com Watch landing page under See all models > click on one of the Sport models > scroll to all the way down to the bottom.

A summary can be found below:

Click here to enlarge
apple_watches_big4.png

lupend88

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 13, 2010
Photoshop has been my friend these last couple weeks.

Black SS with Black Sports Band might be my favorite combo yet!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.