Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

techjunkie25

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 7, 2015
It's been a while since I have owned an iPhone and was wondering if there's a way to create an appointment directly from mail. I have an office 365 account that I can see appointments that sync from my office calendar and also set appts but not directly from the mail program.
Is there a way to do this?

techjunkie25

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 7, 2015
I've looked at this solution, but am kind of concerned about the security of this application. It's not actually run by Microsoft and basically states that their company processes your emails and then updates the iPhone. It also states that it keeps your credentials on file and also shares info with "Microsoft" affiliates based on your email content.

JXShine

macrumors 6502
Jun 11, 2015
I've looked at this solution, but am kind of concerned about the security of this application. It's not actually run by Microsoft and basically states that their company processes your emails and then updates the iPhone. It also states that it keeps your credentials on file and also shares info with "Microsoft" affiliates based on your email content.
This app is made and maintained by Microsoft, so you are obviously misinformed.
Don't worry, you will survive, this isn't android where every action you take is visible to google et al.

Reactions: Applejuiced

techjunkie25

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 7, 2015
Actually Microsoft does "oversee" the company that they bought(acompli) First like of the Eula is "we collect and process your email address and credentials, carry out transactions that you authorize. We may access,disclose and preserve your personal information including private content such as content of your emails ,other private communications or files in private folders.

As much as Microsoft "oversees" acompli, I still don't trust it. Especially when it spells out that it will keep your private info and share content of emails.

End user license agreements are a very telling thing. Those and "privacy statements". I have sensitive info to protect. I don't need another company combing though business that includes non public personal info of mine or of my clients as well. New to the iPhone I may be, but not to security.

JXShine

macrumors 6502
Jun 11, 2015
Actually Microsoft does "oversee" the company that they bought(acompli) First like of the Eula is "we collect and process your email address and credentials, carry out transactions that you authorize. We may access,disclose and preserve your personal information including private content such as content of your emails ,other private communications or files in private folders.

As much as Microsoft "oversees" acompli, I still don't trust it. Especially when it spells out that it will keep your private info and share content of emails.

End user license agreements are a very telling thing. Those and "privacy statements". I have sensitive info to protect. I don't need another company combing though business that includes non public personal info of mine or of my clients as well. New to the iPhone I may be, but not to security.
Then feel free to stick to your blackberry. If more than 50% of the world's top enterprises are adopting iOS, I don't see why you should feel so strongly about this.

Will22

macrumors 65816
Dec 4, 2011
It's been a while since I have owned an iPhone and was wondering if there's a way to create an appointment directly from mail. I have an office 365 account that I can see appointments that sync from my office calendar and also set appts but not directly from the mail program.

Seriously why all the threads?

jr866gooner

macrumors 68020
Aug 24, 2013
If the mail app has dates in it hyperlinks them so that when you click it opens your calendar. Is this what you are referring to?

Reactions: From A Buick 8

techjunkie25

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 7, 2015
Wow, a blackberry user?
Didn't know any of those still existed :D

Yep. Still here and kicking lol. I have the passport and LOVE it. Just previewing an iPhone as my personal phone. Just looking for some viable way to not have to tote my blackberry when I'm not at work but still be connected

perkedel

macrumors 6502a
Dec 30, 2014
California

o365 user here.
for O365, you'll need to schedule appointment from the ical. when you get an invite, you'll see it in the ical inbox.

techjunkie25

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 7, 2015
If the mail app has dates in it hyperlinks them so that when you click it opens your calendar. Is this what you are referring to?

My blackberry allows to set appointments from my enterprise email just by pressing and holding and it pops up a tab that says "make appointment " and it makes the appointment with the email message accessible when you open the appointment

techjunkie25

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 7, 2015
Then feel free to stick to your blackberry. If more than 50% of the world's top enterprises are adopting iOS, I don't see why you should feel so strongly about this.

Just because people are adopting iOS in droves doesn't necessarily mean it's the most secure. It's the people of those enterprises that want to use personal devices. As of 2012 iOS and android are approved devices for the dod. This is the byod revolution. Cheaper for business to have you bring your current device rather than outfitting you with a new own at their expense.

JXShine

macrumors 6502
Jun 11, 2015
Just because people are adopting iOS in droves doesn't necessarily mean it's the most secure. It's the people of those enterprises that want to use personal devices. As of 2012 iOS and android are approved devices for the dod. This is the byod revolution. Cheaper for business to have you bring your current device rather than outfitting you with a new own at their expense.
So if you are so paranoid, return your iPhone, stick to blackberry. We've tried to help, but ultimately, no one is going to convince you except for yourself.

Newtons Apple

Suspended
Mar 12, 2014
Jacksonville, Florida

Sounds like Google and GMail. Gives Google the right to read your GMail and use what ever information in your email anyway they wish.

techjunkie25

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 7, 2015
So if you are so paranoid, return your iPhone, stick to blackberry. We've tried to help, but ultimately, no one is going to convince you except for yourself.

I asked a how to question, or more like a can it be done question. The outlook app was suggested and expressed my concern and you dismissed it. I explained my position and you aren't fond of it. Sorry if you seemingly think that I'm not listening to other responders suggestions. You just didn't like my answer after you sited me as "misinformed" and I quoted the Eula.
if you like the outlook application then use it. I'm just trying to find another option if there is one

Reactions: Blueline29

CTHarrryH

macrumors 68030
Jul 4, 2012
Not sure if exactly what you are asking but I receive meeting invites all the time on my mail.app and I click on the attachment and it put event in my calendar app - where I can accept or decline.
My company, so far, requires Blackberry for work email.

Will22

macrumors 65816
Dec 4, 2011
Wow, a blackberry user?
Didn't know any of those still existed :D

Mock us BB users if you want. Tell you one thing though this thing gets a lot of comments, granted it get a fair few laughs as well.
image.jpg

From A Buick 8

macrumors 68040
Sep 16, 2010
Ky Close to CinCinnati
What do you mean by directly from mail.

JXShine

macrumors 6502
Jun 11, 2015
We won't answer you unless you create 5 more threads about this topic.

techjunkie25

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 7, 2015
We won't answer you unless you create 5 more threads about this topic.

Apparently the forum caught up with the request from tapatalk. When I tried to post the question at first, tapatalk came back twice with a "post" error and to try again later. I guess it finally caught up

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.