Blackberry Storm has Copy and Paste!!!! Why cant we???

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by THE JUICEMAN, Oct 5, 2008.

1. THE JUICEMAN macrumors 68000

THE JUICEMAN

2. NDimichino macrumors 6502a

NDimichino

The thing I love the most about the Blackberry is its iPod... oh wait.

3. Warbrain macrumors 603

Warbrain

BlackBerrys have had copy/paste for a while. I don't really care and don't ever find myself in a position where I want it.

4. firewood macrumors 604

Because those same gestures already do something else on the iPhone.

That "something else" is causing the iPhone to sell really well because it looks so "cool" in the ads and demos. The number of customers who are buying iPhones because it seems cool is probably at least an order of magnitude larger than those who don't because those gestures are doing something else besides cut-and-paste editing.

5. Jonnyfive macrumors regular

What is the gesture?

6. swy05 macrumors 6502

Who gives a **** about the iPod.

7. Warbrain macrumors 603

Warbrain

More people than you obviously think.

8. skubish macrumors 68030

skubish

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5F136 Safari/525.20)

you might as well get a crackberry then. The iPod is really the great unique feature of the iPhone. Who really uses copy/paste?

9. srl7741 macrumors 68020

srl7741

It would be nice to copy links and paste then into emails. Not everyone uses copy and paste but on the other hand many do. It's a person preference.

10. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

I guess this type of thread will never die. Copy & Paste is why I got a MBA...LOL:D

11. THE JUICEMAN thread starter macrumors 68000

THE JUICEMAN

by no means am i saying that the blackberry is better than the iPhone. trust me. but i am saying its a touch screen device like the iPhone and they seem to have solved the copy/paste problem with ease. and what gestures did the person above mean that the iPhone already does?

12. Warbrain macrumors 603

Warbrain

Um, the moving fingers together? That's a pinch. It has a function in most cases.

13. THE JUICEMAN thread starter macrumors 68000

THE JUICEMAN

thats is true i guess if you wanted to copy something from safari

14. kdarling macrumors demi-god

kdarling

Why? Maybe because Jobs isn't CEO of RIM ?

:)

Seriously, RIM didn't have even a halfway decent browser until recently. So each company has its priorities.

15. swy05 macrumors 6502

Sorry, I'm not an iPod whore who thinks iPod's are the greatest mp3 players ever made. :rolleyes:

16. swy05 macrumors 6502

No, I'll stick with my iPhone because of it's untouchable web-browser as well as it's multi-touch screen that other phones can't seem to match. As far as all in one multi-media device, the iphone is fantastic.

Only reason I bag on the iPod features is because of the sub-par sound quality.

Love the phone in every other way. Well, the battery could be much better but....

17. Van Wildonher macrumors 6502a

Who uses copy and paste? :rolleyes:

Everybody that uses a computer. I've found myself in quite a few situations where it would be handy on the iPhone.

18. b00st3d macrumors member

b00st3d

the music player on the blackberry is actually quite nice...pretty damn close to an ipod. and all the blackberrys even have stereo bluetooth, a feature that not a single ipod/iphone has...

19. spamdumpster macrumors 6502a

This post is right on. Trust me, I'm no Blackberry fanboy. I ditched my blackberry as soon as enterprise support was added for the iPhone. But, don't give me this better ipod bs. Bluetooth stero is a huge plus on the BBs and there's really no excuse for it not being included on the iPhone. If the battery can't take it, then let people know that they use it at their own risk. Back when I was carrying an iPhone and a BB, I used to browse the web on the iPhone while listening to music on my BB and my Motorola S9s. I bet El Jobso would have loved to have seen that.

20. Warbrain macrumors 603

Warbrain

Sorry, but neither am I, but I think it's the best damn one available.

21. swy05 macrumors 6502

In what aspect?

Ease of use? iTunes makes everything unnecessary and complicated. Other mp3 players with simple drag and drop win.

Sound quality? Like previously mentioned, the iPods in general have terrible sound quality. Other mp3 players such as: Cowon, iRiver, Toshiba, Samsung kill the iPods in the sound category.

Design? Yes, I'll have to give it up to Apple. Their iPod's have always been sexy in design.

22. Infinitygraphix macrumors member

Actually, you can sensd a link (well URL) from any page in Safari via Mail on the Iphone.

To do so, when in Safari, just tap on the « + » sign at the bottom of the screen and choose « mail link to this page ».

23. aristobrat macrumors G4

Drag 'n drop (i.e. getting music onto a MP3 player without using a media organizer like WMP, Zune or iTunes) simply doesn't scale.

It works well for people who have small libraries (like under a hundred MP3s), but it's an absolute nightmare to manage after that.

Drag 'n drop:

* doesn't provide for an automatic way of adding new media to the player
    * doesn't track statistics used to manage the music (last played date, # of times skipped, # of times played, song rating, etc)
    * doesn't support Smart Playlists ("Newly Added Music", "Top 25 Most Played", "My Favorite Songs That Haven't Been Played in 30+ Days", "Songs That Have Never Been Played")

24. Nicholas.C macrumors 6502a

I think Apple won't make it yet becasue they're confused of how to do it.. IMO...

the crap berry sucks.. it's got a keyboard! I like the iPhone as it does everything I need in simple steps..

People think the BB is so rubbish they're making iPhone themes for it!!

[​IMG]