blackbooks!!

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by iAtot, Oct 30, 2008.

1. iAtot macrumors member

i love my 2.4 ghz macbook with 4gb of ram eventhough there are the new ones im still inlove with myblackbook... are you???????????:apple::):apple:

2. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

3. Let's Sekuhara! macrumors 6502

Let's Sekuhara!

Me too! I have the same. It is still superior for one obvious reason. Take a guess what that is...

4. MacJenn macrumors regular

I sold my Blackbook to get the crapbook (new alu macbook 2.4) and returned the new Macbook alu for the Macbook Pro. The screen is second rate on the new alu Macbook. The Blackbook was better in my opinion. Definitely not worse. I got caught up in the drama and sold my Blackbook and bought the new one on emotion and didn't use my brain. Anyways I love the Pro.

I still miss my Blackbook. It was really good to me and I had no problems with it. Great laptop and awesome looking.

5. smeowly macrumors newbie

i loved my blackbook, but i sold it to get the new alum macbook which i love more!

6. iMav macrumors 6502

iMav

Ditto!

7. embalmess macrumors member

I love my blackbook, just not all the fingerprints all over it! *sigh*

8. Apple Ink macrumors 68000

Apple Ink

I Love my whitebook..

But if I seriously were to consider any new MB/P, I'll only do it once Calpella's out and I'll only choose the MBP... the screens on these new MBs are just big piece of crap junk!

9. ref26 macrumors 6502a

ref26

When the new MBs came out I was tempted to sell my Blackbook for one, but decided against it at least for the time being. Maybe after the next revision. It's been good to me and I still love it :D

10. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

I love my BlackBook - last black MacBook version made with the big arse 250GB HDD and 4GB of RAM and firewire and everything else I need.

But damn those new ones are pretty... I'd miss the Firewire though, I seem to have an uncanny ability to destroy USB hubs and it's just nowhere near as fast.

11. Jpoon macrumors 6502

I want a 12" PowerBook shell with the new Macbook internals. Keep the matte finish though. :D

12. iMav macrumors 6502

iMav

I had a 320gb hdd in my last gen blackbook (upgraded my PS3 with the 250gb hdd). :)

I've got one of the new 500gb hdd's in my new glassbook.

13. seattle macrumors 6502

Still very happy with my Blackbook and it still looks great.

[​IMG]

14. EricJD macrumors regular

You people with Blackbooks must not play any games or run any programs that make use of the graphics card... That horrid integrated Intel chipset can't do anything!

15. Apple Ink macrumors 68000

Apple Ink

For that matter even the 9400M integrated is no where close to even OK for gaming!

Accept it these things evolve and the games evolve even faster! While Doom 3 is an old game to run well on the new 9400M, AoM is an even older game to run well on the old X3100......

16. angemon89 macrumors 68000

angemon89

Yes, very happy. I actually returned my GlassBook and got a 2.4 BlackBook with 3 years Applecare for $900 on Craigslist. :D

BLACKBOOK FO LIFE!!

17. EricJD macrumors regular

Even Crysis was playable (at low settings, understandably; it doesn't look terrible, though.) with the new 9400M. Most of the Source games run wonderfully well :)

18. Chris Rogers macrumors 6502a

Chris Rogers

What do you mean YOU PEOPLE??? :p

19. Apple Ink macrumors 68000

Apple Ink

I own a Win Gaming machine which I assembled myself. Its e6750 (waiting on Nehalem) and 2x8800GT SLi, 22" Viewsonic. After this believe me not even my older MBP satisfy me! Forget the new MB! SO conclusion: Playing a game at 640x480 with wimpy blocky graphics is NOT, repeat NOT gaming!

20. RedRocksU2 macrumors member

RedRocksU2

ftw!
    lol

21. chronovial macrumors newbie

Yup, the Blackbook was definitely worth getting, no regrets there even though new models have arrived!

Been pleased with how my Mac works for me!

22. angemon89 macrumors 68000

angemon89

What do you guys think? Is the BlackBook sexier than the GlassBook? I think so. :cool:

23. Brien macrumors 68020

Brien

I had a Rev. A BlackBook (2.0ghz CD, 80GB HD) that I got back in '06. I loved it, I still think it's a very beautiful computer, but I had tons of problems with it and ended up getting a full refund (two years later!). I used that to buy a new MBP and while i think the BlackBook was prettier (I'm not a huge fan of the new two-tone look) this one is much faster and etcetera.

24. Son of Matrix macrumors regular

Son of Matrix

Thanks guys. I really need this thread to build up my confidence on black macbook! I will buy as many protector as possible for the newly bought black macbook. Screen, keyboard, hand rest, trackpad...

You are very lucky to get a new one. How many times did you send your Blackbook back for repair?

25. iMav macrumors 6502

iMav

You mean the one you are buying for your ex-girlfriend? (or did you decide to keep it for yourself?)

Btw, I always preferred the blackbook over the whitebook due to it having a single, consistent color. The whitebooks are more of a two tone with the keyboard topcase being this ugly, off-white/light-gray color.