Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nles

macrumors member
Oct 7, 2010
I watched the video linked above and while it is someone speaking Chinese (I think) the whole time I think and never does much other than showing the case at all angles (I was hoping they would take it off at some point) and the guy does hold up a 3G or 3GS beside it and they have the same number of bars, FWIW (not much, I know). Would have been nice to see numerical signal and a test on teh same phone with it on and off, but at least it did not seem to block all signal entirely.

It's korean not chinese

h1r0ll3r

macrumors 68040
Dec 28, 2009
Maryland
In case anyone is wondering, they're currently sold out of these. The one that was listed on eBay was a test of sorts. They are in process of making more however there's no hard delivery date for them just yet.

While it seems like this is shaping up to be the next Vapor case, I think these guys have gotten some pretty decent feedback and are making some efforts to produce more of these soon. (yeah I know that sounds exactly like the Vapor case but this one seems different I think)

Jooles

macrumors member
May 28, 2008
Looks better than the vapor, if this is proved not to have any antenna screwups i'll consider buying one

glen e

macrumors 68030
Jun 19, 2010
Ft Lauderdale
if this is proved not to have any antenna screwups i'll consider buying one

it will - we have proven time and time again with every alum case out there - it does not matter if you insulate the phone from the case, YOU CANNOT SHEATH THE FRAME IN ALUMINUM...period. That's why the atomic hybrid (and others coming) work.

reeco

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 1, 2007
it will - we have proven time and time again with every alum case out there - it does not matter if you insulate the phone from the case, YOU CANNOT SHEATH THE FRAME IN ALUMINUM...period. That's why the atomic hybrid (and others coming) work.

Looking at his youtube video, shows at least 4 bars with the case on. I'm not overly optamistic, but i'll keep an open mind.

ufcfighter

macrumors 6502
Sep 22, 2010
I am the same way. If your in a strong enough area, it will still show 5 bars. But like I have said before and I actually mean it this time, I am done with these cases. This is a very attractive case but its just throwing 80 bucks down the drain!! It will have the EXACT same affects as the others, no way around it. It sucks, but aluminum cases just don't work. I hate to see people spend more money on another case and get the exact same results. But the case is good looking, I will give them that. Still not going for it though, happy with the hybrid.
I can get every alum case to show me five bars at times...but go live with them....and it's too sporadic...

Hologram777

macrumors member
Nov 21, 2010
Those of you talking about wether or not it will mess up your signal...did you see the 6th pic down where it talks about the signal issue?

blade_pic.jpg

btw i think it looks awesome and like how its metal instead of rubber, plastic, or some other material. :cool:

glen e

macrumors 68030
Jun 19, 2010
Ft Lauderdale
Yeah saw it but that's not the problem - insulate it all you want, it still degrades signal as alum blocks it. But get one and live with it for a week and tell us, me? I'm done too... as the hybrid works.

Last edited:

Resist

macrumors 68040
Jan 15, 2008
Looking over this product makes me wonder how surrounding the antenna with metal helps the antenna issue. And while the design looks great, there's less protection than from Apple's bumper, because the metal is less shock absorbing than plastic. But again, the design does look nice.

What are those 2 accessory holes for, on the side?

Last edited:

Hologram777

macrumors member
Nov 21, 2010
Looking over this product makes me wonder how surrounding the antenna with metal helps the antenna issue. And while the design looks great, there's less protection than from Apple's bumper, because the metal is less shock absorbing than plastic. But again, the design does look nice.

What are those 2 accessory holes for, on the side?

i was thinking lanyards?

bruinsrme

macrumors 604
Oct 26, 2008
looks very sharp.
The majority of the time I have a decent signal, signal loss isn't a huge concern for me.

wllnv19

macrumors newbie
Aug 13, 2010
bit confused to choose this case or atomic both looks great

Atomic Hybrid has been proven to have no signal or gps issues. If you are considering this one I would wait to see if people are experiencing any signal or other issues with this case.

genetic

macrumors 6502
Jul 15, 2008
if this actually ends up not affecting the signal in any way i will be purchasing this. lets hope :confused:

edit: i seem to be behind on all the new cases. the atomic hybrid also has no signal issues? now i have to choose on which one i want, lol. they are saying this is a one piece case so im wondering how hard itll be to put on the phone....

Last edited:

iBrody

macrumors 6502
Jun 11, 2008
they are saying this is a one piece case so im wondering how hard itll be to put on the phone....

I think there is a bezel that screws on at the back judging by the photos.

BTW, my unit was supposedly shipped yesterday (UK here).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.