blah

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by torchflameon, Dec 1, 2010.

1. torchflameon, Dec 1, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2010
  2. ravensfan55 macrumors 6502

I'd punch them in the face.

Seriously, if you are going to sit around and taunt someone because they have phone X and you have phone Y, you are a douche.

3. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

I really do not see how your alleged direct quote is even remotely "bad". What I see is that someone saw the pretty shiny toy and bought it, now wishes he could go back to the Android platform. He doesn't even sound like he was being mean to you, he was simply expressing his desire to return to the Android platform.

The creation of this thread tells me you are just as bad as you think your Droid-owning friend is. I also question the motive. Why do you feel the need to create a thread on this topic? It will eventually, quickly even, turn into a Android vs iOS debate that isn't worth debating.

Your friend is clearly, by your account, unhappy with the decision he has made. He is now stuck there, that is his issue and it doesn't make him a fanboy at all. As the owner of a Droid X and having had the iPhone since it's original release, there are pros and cons to both platforms. I have found much more joy with my Droid X than I ever thought I would. I also miss my iPhone to some extent.

Bottom line is you're being melodramatic for the sake of ... well, I am unsure. Your friend isn't "that bad", if anything I think you're really the one who needs to just accept your purchase and grow up. Know that you need not justify your actions to your friends and if they're unable to handle that, then they're not your friends.

4. Dhelsdon macrumors 65816

Dhelsdon

Did I read this right?

Anyway, I don't understand why some fanboys are such *******s about iPhone, and Apple in general. When I switched to Apple (Bought a used MBP)
    and told my friends, they automatically start saying crap about apple and how they suck so much, blah blah blah.

I Just reply, "Whatever, enjoy your crashing PC, Alt+Ctrl+Del and blue screens!" :D

5. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Yes, Dhelsdon, sometimes boys date boys. Get over it.

6. h1r0ll3r macrumors 68040

h1r0ll3r

^ textbook definition of a fanboy. Forget punching them in the face, just kick the crap out of them. Then break their phone in front of them. Then mock them how your phone is better then their broke ass Droid.

7. SilvorX macrumors 68000

SilvorX

Apple Fanboys are just as irritating as Android fanboys (Apple fanboys can be more annoying but hey, I guess I'm a fanboy.)

That being said, the guy thought he'd be enjoying the phone more than he is, but hey.. it happens to the best of us. The novelty factor wears off, some more than others. Some days I wish I would have checked out android devices when I upgraded to iPhone 4, but end of the day, I didn't lose sleep over it. OP's friend could still sell his iPhone for a nice sum and buy an Android with it off ebay.

8. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Do you find any irony in your response, any at all?

9. h1r0ll3r macrumors 68040

h1r0ll3r

No. Bottom line is that his friends need to learn that being douches about phones is not the way to be. Not all people learn from stern lectures but everyone learns from a good beatdown :D

10. ravensfan55 macrumors 6502

Yeah, I have a MacBook Pro. Yes, I have an iPhone. Yes, I have an iPad. Do I go out and preach the Apple gospel to every "dissident" I see using a Windows PC or Android phone? No. I could care less of what people choose to use.

It's such a stupid thing to argue about. I have friends with Android phones. Do either of us care that one has Android and the other has an iPhone? Not one bit.

11. thetexan macrumors 6502a

Fanboys of anything are "that bad". Android, Apple, Pepsi, FedEx, Philly Eagles, etc.

12. ravensfan55, Dec 1, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2010

ravensfan55 macrumors 6502

"DON'T YOU DARE BE USING NO UPS UP IN THIS BITCH!"

Those FedEx fanboys.........

13. WeegieMac Guest

WeegieMac

Fanboy's of any product can and usually are the most irritating of people.

There's a fine line between being passionate about a brand or product, and being a fanboy.

14. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Uh your entire response was just as fanboyish though, you know that right?

No one learns from getting beat. Maybe that is how you were raised and how you conduct your life, but no one ever learns by being beat. :rolleyes:

15. torchflameon thread starter macrumors member

Not at all. That's not what I am trying to do. I told my friend that his phone was cool. It's just gotten to the point of being annoying.

When he said, "
    "I wish I had a DROID but instead I am stuck with an iPhone for the next two years because I was impulsive and didn't think twice before getting it and now I am making the best of it though deep down inside I am hating all yous who have an Android phone"

He was assuming that I was saying this because I was telling how cool his phone was. He didn't say that about his purchase. I didn't clarify that.

I am not trying to create a ios vs android debate. Android has been good competition for the iphone, and quite frankly, it would be nice if they got some of its features like speech to text.

16. h1r0ll3r macrumors 68040

h1r0ll3r

I guess so if that's how you see it. Since this is clearly the case, yes, it is fanboyish. Thanks for your input on this :rolleyes:

People do actually. You'd be amazed how things like this retools some people. But, since you do not believe in this, I guess it's a moot point. Thanks again ;)

17. Simm0nS777 macrumors 6502a

In my experience Android people are the WORST. Every time I take out my iPhone I gotta hear "dude Droids are so much better." First of all, no they're not, not even close imo. Their iOS sucks ass and software lags terribly, why would I want that. Thing is, I never hear an iPhone user say that to a Droid user. Pretty annoying actually.

18. ravensfan55 macrumors 6502

I was in the airport, a little after the iPhone 4 came out, I had mine sitting on my leg while I was going through my carry-on bag for something, and this guy sits next to me, and starts off "Ooh you have the new iPhone"

Me. "Yup"
    Him. "I hear it has antenna problems, a flawed design. Can you actually call people"
    Me. "I haven't had that problem"
    Him. "But I hear all iPhone 4's have that problem"
    Me. "I can make and receive calls just fine"
    Him. "Does your signal strength drop when you hold it a certain way?"
    Me. "My phone works fine"

He was starting to get real annoying, for a while I thought he was just being curious until I saw him pull out an Evo and start using it. And then again.....

Him. "I got this new phone. It's like an iPhone but it has a big screen. And it has really fast internet"
    Me. "Cool"
    Him. "I could never go back to a smaller screen, why even bother make a tiny screen?"

While he kept gushing on about his Evo, I just stood up, said "Enjoy your flight" and left.

19. walie macrumors 6502a

somewhere out in the internet on an android forum, there will be stories posted about how iphone fanboys are the worst ever

don't think that this is all one-sided, both sides have their activists

20. roadbloc macrumors G3

roadbloc

You need new friends. I think I have debated with my friends about mobile phones.... once. When I got my iPhone 4. And it didn't last long.

21. samcraig macrumors P6

POTD... LOL... seriously?

22. bigbro1096 macrumors 6502a

I would just make fun of him because u did say that "he made his boyfriend get one as well" so that means he's gay and everybody knows gay people are weird and unwanted

23. Simm0nS777 macrumors 6502a

What point of my post are you questioning? In my personal experience thats how its been. Feel free to share or GTO of this thread. ty

24. thetexan macrumors 6502a

I remember when Newegg switched to UPS as its default carrier instead of FedEx. FedEx was still available but usually at a higher shipping cost.

There was some outrage due to that.

Fanboys of shipping carriers exist.