Blank iPhone "desktop"

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bigpoppamac31, Oct 7, 2011.

1. bigpoppamac31 macrumors 68000

Is there any way to have a blank iPhone "desktop"? Like is there something that can clear away the icons on the screen so I can see the picture I put on it? I know you can put your apps in folders but the folders still have to be on the first screen. Any way to change that?

2. bgro macrumors 6502a

Just curios how you expect to access your apps if this can be done?

I think there are jailbreak themes that change the look of the home screen to minimize clutter but don't think there's any way to completely remove everything and still accesses apps

3. TM WAZZA macrumors 68000

If its jailbroken there's a tweak called 'Gridlock' on Cydia.

4. haticK macrumors 6502a

haticK

you could put them on other pages and just have 1 blank page

5. bigpoppamac31 thread starter macrumors 68000

That's what I mean. Like in Lion you can pinch to load the app icons in Launchpad. It would be nice to have a similar feature in iOS. You could pinch or swipe to get to the first "page" of your apps. What's the point of having a picture (especially of a person) on you iPhone screen if the pic is covered by icons? You can have a clear Mac desktop with no icons. Why not on the iPhone?

6. ToddH macrumors 6502a

ToddH

Blank screen for you!!!

I have a blank screen on my iPhone and this is what it looks like:

[​IMG]

I have all of my icons/folders on the next page to the right & that looks like this:

[​IMG]

Just move your most used apps on the desktop folder like I did and put everything else on the second page. It gives the phone a good clean look.

7. bigpoppamac31 thread starter macrumors 68000

Did you mod or "jailbreak" your phone to do that??

8. ToddH macrumors 6502a

ToddH

Nope, not jail broken, I just moved things around. It's very easy to do. Instead of having apps on the bottom tray, I just moved them into a folder and named it desktop and got the others out of the way on the next page, just drag and plant them.

9. Codepiink macrumors regular

Sometimes when I restore my iPhone from a backup, like a did half an hour ago, and I go to sync my iPhone in the apps tab in iTunes, there is always a random blank page that I have to move so that my apps are on the first and second pages. Maybe if you try to restore from a backup the same will happen and you can put it as the first page. I have never tried to put it first seeing as how I never wanted it.

10. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

That's Pretty Cool

I have my apps in folders like yours, but never thought about moving across. Looks great. I have a lot of pictures from the NASA app that would look great with that setup!

11. greytmom macrumors 68040

greytmom