Blocking certain phone numbers?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by daihard, May 6, 2010.

1. daihard macrumors 6502a

daihard

Hi.

This is not an issue related to the iPhone per se, but I am wondering if there's a way to block a particular phone number on it. My wife keeps getting a call from this guy asking for John to pay rents, electric bills, etc. I have called him twice and told him he's got the wrong number. He has promised to delete the number , but he's apparently got a memory problem.

I just spoke with an AT&T Wireless representative. He says the only options are to (1) change her wireless number, or (2) buy their smart something option for $4.99 a month to block up to 15 phone numbers. Both are out of the question.

Is there any way 'round this? Any help would be appreciated.

TIA!

2. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

File a complaint with either the Lynnwood Police or Snohomish County Sheriff, for harassment. They can solve the problem, and for free.

TEG

3. bigjnyc macrumors 603

bigjnyc

Just add the feature to your account for 3 months, then have it removed. I am guessing that after 3 months of calling a number and getting rejected the person would stop calling. That all depends on what message they get when they call, you would have to ask AT&T that.

4. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

5. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Yes, no other way on a stock iphone to block a number besides changing your number or paying AT&T.