Blu-ray or On Demand/download?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by applefan289, Aug 27, 2011.

1. applefan289 macrumors 68000

I am all about "streaming" content and having no physical media, but the quality of blu-ray is so good that I find it less practical streaming through Comcast on demand or buying/renting from iTunes for basically the same price as a blu-ray rental.

What is your opinion? Would you rather do all-streaming of content and give up some visual/sound quality, or go with physical media like blu-ray and have the best?

I'm a little torn between the two. I tell myself just to stream in the movie, but when it's a movie that I want to be an "event", I must either go to a theater or get a blu-ray. I consider using on-demand or iTunes downloads the same as when you're in a hotel and stream in a movie from their menu.

If it's between streaming in a movie and owning a blu-ray, I choose streaming because I don't like owning any movies.

2. fireshot91 macrumors 601

fireshot91

Why don't you like owning any movies?

I much prefer buying on physical media. But, I'm not opposed to streaming/renting.

3. applefan289 thread starter macrumors 68000

I don't like owning movies because I rarely watch them more than once. On the rare occasion that I feel like watching a movie again, I will rent it at that point.

The idea of streaming to me is great, but they really should 'up' the quality of it. Comcast's On-Demand technology can handle streaming a movie in Blu-ray quality, but I would hate to stream something like that through an internet connection with iTunes...it would take up tens of gigabytes for one movie.