Bluetooth audio streaming choppy since update to iOS 6 GM

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by distemp, Sep 16, 2012.

1. distemp macrumors regular

Has anyone else noticed a degradation in the performance of Bluetooth music streaming in iOS 6? I never had a problem until I updated and now the music breaks up and gets choppy regularly. Help!

2. solidsnake32292 macrumors regular

had Bluetooth streaming in my 3-Series BMW 2011 on today after I installed the GM 6.0 and it was extremely choppy to the point where I ended up plugging it in with USB.... REALLY hope this get's fixed ASAP!! or at least with my new 5 this friday!

3. distemp thread starter macrumors regular

Hmmmm...we can't be the only two with this issue. Anyone else having problems?

4. canesalato macrumors 6502a

canesalato

well...I have this problem, but not with bluetooth (not tried)...with airplay :(

5. cdrider, Sep 17, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2013

cdrider macrumors newbie

To be honest I've seen this since iOS 5. My Jabra Halo headphones are useless over bluetooth now as the audio stutters so much. Sounds like a buffering YouTube video. Was hoping it was fixed in iOS 6 :(

6. chipfiev macrumors member

My Bluetooth isn't choppy but I can no longer control my iPhone audio using the stereo controls. I have to play/pause using the phone. It's like an aux cable.

7. distemp thread starter macrumors regular

Hopefully Apple knows and is planning to fix it quickly. Having lived with the random disappearing Home Sharing on my Apple TV for so long, I have no faith in Apple to fix anything in any kind of timely manner and I really don't even feel like wasting my time and reporting the problem.

8. Zcott macrumors 68020

Found mine is occasionally choppy on iPad 3 paired to Jambox.

9. mkd79 macrumors newbie

I have Beats Wireless 2.0 headphones connected to my iPhone 4S and since iOS 6 GM my sound has been choppy and even stops playing all together causing me to turn my headphones off and on again to sync. :0(
    Please fix Apple, hope my iPhone 5 does not have this!

10. mrtune macrumors 6502a

I use bluetooth streaming in my Mustang. I haven't noticed any choppiness.

11. Richardgm macrumors 6502a

Richardgm

12. bripab007 macrumors 6502a

I use BT streaming in my Mazda 3 on iOS 6 GM on 4S with no discernible problems.

13. Ripcord83 macrumors member

I have a 2010 3 and I've always noticed that every few minutes there's a weird static sound from my i4 but it only lasts about a sec at most.

does yours do this as well?

14. bripab007 macrumors 6502a

15. Ripcord83 macrumors member

I've got a family member with a 2012, I'll have to try it on his.
    that would suck if my Bluetooth module is a bad.

16. Stuke00 macrumors 68000

I haven't had any issues with choppiness or the ability to change tracks through my car stereo.

17. MonkeySee.... macrumors 68040

MonkeySee....

18. daveishere macrumors 6502a

daveishere

hmm - i use bluetooth audio streaming in my car.

Might wait till iphone 5 on friday to try out iOS 6 then.

19. iphnhelp macrumors regular

I have a Audiovox Mediabridge in my car that I usually connect with the dock cable, but I just tried out Bluetooth streaming for the first time and the sound quality is bad. Very thin and there is a slight echo/ phasing that isn't there when connected with the cable. Now I'm wondering if this is iOS 6 or just the Mediabridge device. Can't find any info online, anyone experience this?

20. GFLovesMy9Inchr macrumors member

Same here.

HOWEVER - my iphone 5 streams perfectly.. As of right now my iphone 4s and my iphone 4 not only has no control via bluetooth, but is not outputting any music info.

Obviously this is a software bug with the iphone 4's.

Those who use blue tooth in their vehicles with steering wheel controls, I would heavily recommend not updating.

21. Poisedgord macrumors newbie

AVCRP Broken ios6 Iphone 4

I too am having issues with this. No track information no play/pause or forward/backwards but i can shuffle and repeat. What a croc.

Pioneer AVH2400 bt.

22. grodyzo macrumors newbie

Yeah I have Plantronics BT headphones and every few minutes the sound will just stop for about one second, then continue on. That's pretty regular. Once in awhile, there's a little choppiness too, barely detectable though. 6.0.1 cometh! ;-)

23. aphxtwinin macrumors regular

I am having this problem as well, Bluetooth thru MyFord Sync

24. 80s Fan macrumors member

I listened to my iPhone 4 for about an hour today after downloading iOS 6 earlier in the day and didn't have any choppiness on my Bluetooth headphones. Hope it stays that way. Also, I was able to advance to the next track using the headphone advance button. I have the Rocketfish Bluetooth headphones.

25. a.jfred macrumors 6502

I have a 2012 VW Jetta SE sedan & an iPhone 4, and formerly was able to stream music with no problems, good sound, and had control via my steering wheel to go forward or backwards with the songs.

Not so much with the iOS 6 update. Music quality is lower, and while I can get it to play & still control volume, I can NOT control forward/back with the steering wheel controls - I have to use the phone itself. I am NOT happy with this.