Bluetooth iPhone 4 Headphones

D4ND4N

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 28, 2010
I'm looking for some wireless bluetooth headphones for the iPhone 4.

I need these for the Gym, or other activities

Anyone know any? Regards

Domino8282

macrumors 6502a
Apr 22, 2010
Southeast USA
I'm planning to get these:

Plantronics 903/R US BackBeat Headphones
http://amzn.com/B001TK3AC0

I've read great things about them... Only thing to note is that the controls (track skip, volume, etc.) use AVRCP which won't be supported until iOS version 4.1. This is the case with all bluetooth stuff as far as I know...

So they work just fine now, but you have to use the phone to control volume, skip tracks, etc., until the next iOS upgrade (which hopefully will come out in the next few months).

From what I've read, this particular headset has a great combination of comfort, sound quality and battery life. And it charges via mini-USB. Can't wait to get mine. :)

makefunnyfaces

macrumors 6502a
Jun 12, 2010
West Virginia
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A306 Safari/6531.22.7)

lorenwade said:
I just ordered those today after hearing a ton of good reviews. I was going to get the Dre Beats Solo HD (or whatever the exact name is), but when I found out they aren't wireless it was a no contest.

lorenwade

macrumors 68000
Aug 27, 2008
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A306 Safari/6531.22.7)

I just ordered those today after hearing a ton of good reviews. I was going to get the Dre Beats Solo HD (or whatever the exact name is), but when I found out they aren't wireless it was a no contest.
Sweet! Don't forget to come back and tell us how they are!!! :D

D4ND4N

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 28, 2010
So the iPhone 4 hasnt got fully functional bluetooth with headphones yet? becuase i dont want headphones that i need to have an extra adapter for them to work, i just want iPhone and Headphones.

Thanks for the reply's guys.

I was thinking Beats must be going wireless at some point soon surely, due to the fact there headphones look amazing, and the pricetag is WOW.

But thats what you pay for quality

ratman2356

macrumors member
Jun 28, 2010
I bought a Nokia BH-503. Decent sound but slightly muddied. Hooked up easily and all controls worked fine the first time I used it, FF Back, Pause stop volume all worked. Since then, the forward and back tracks don't work. I need to try pairing it again and see what happens. I hear people are having problems with the Bluetooth software in iOS 4.0 and 4.1. The added the AVDP BT software to bring it up to date with others in 4.1 but it seems buggy and of course support says nothing is wrong.

I got mine from Hong Kong. took two weeks but I got it for 25 bucks. Well worth that price, I would try something else tho if I had the 75-90 dollar stateside price.

green94

macrumors regular
Mar 17, 2009

Jaybird is actually releasing a new set of headphones simliar to their JB200's which look phenomenal. The release date keeps getting pushed back however :(

sd13

macrumors regular
Jun 16, 2009
Unfortunately bluetooth stereo heaphones are too fragile for gym use. I went through 3 pairs of MOTOROKR S9HD sets and a sony bluetooth in-ear set and they all died from sweat causing water damage. I also read in a review on the jaybird that sweat damages that too.

makefunnyfaces

macrumors 6502a
Jun 12, 2010
West Virginia

green94 said:

Jaybird is actually releasing a new set of headphones simliar to their JB200's which look phenomenal. The release date keeps getting pushed back however :(
I'm not really into the 200s. They look odd to me. :p But if I get the Sportsband & don't like it, I'll probably try them.

Domino8282

macrumors 6502a
Apr 22, 2010
Southeast USA
I'm planning to get these:

Plantronics 903/R US BackBeat Headphones
http://amzn.com/B001TK3AC0

I've read great things about them... Only thing to note is that the controls (track skip, volume, etc.) use AVRCP which won't be supported until iOS version 4.1. This is the case with all bluetooth stuff as far as I know...

So they work just fine now, but you have to use the phone to control volume, skip tracks, etc., until the next iOS upgrade (which hopefully will come out in the next few months).

From what I've read, this particular headset has a great combination of comfort, sound quality and battery life. And it charges via mini-USB. Can't wait to get mine. :)
Went ahead and ordered these. I'll report back when they arrive. For the price, they seemed better to me than the Jaybirds, and look less bulky for gym use. Plus, in order to get the super-duper sound quality with the Jaybirds, you have to hook up that extra adapter (and pay a crapload extra). The reviews I've read on the Plantronics say the sound quality is great, and if you search Youtube there's some glowing reviews from people who have used them in the gym.

As for the controls, I'm not worried about it since AVRCP will be fixed in iOS 4.1.

lorenwade

macrumors 68000
Aug 27, 2008
So the iPhone 4 hasnt got fully functional bluetooth with headphones yet? becuase i dont want headphones that i need to have an extra adapter for them to work, i just want iPhone and Headphones.

Thanks for the reply's guys.

I was thinking Beats must be going wireless at some point soon surely, due to the fact there headphones look amazing, and the pricetag is WOW.

But thats what you pay for quality
No, it doesn't have fully functioning controls yet. However, it is in iOS 4.1 which is coming out later this year.

TurdFerguson

macrumors 6502
Jun 13, 2009
O'side!

I'm not really into the 200s. They look odd to me. :p But if I get the Sportsband & don't like it, I'll probably try them.
They have a different design then the 200s. I agree the 200s are very strange looking. I would feel weird wearing them.

makefunnyfaces

macrumors 6502a
Jun 12, 2010
West Virginia

TurdFerguson said:

They have a different design then the 200s. I agree the 200s are very strange looking. I would feel weird wearing them.
Awesome. I'll have to check into it. Thanks! :)

makefunnyfaces

macrumors 6502a
Jun 12, 2010
West Virginia
I received my Sportsband yesterday, & I absolutely LOVE it. I went on a three mile jog last night, & it stood up just fine with the sweat. It's light, has a great battery, & sounds beautiful. I'd give ya a lengthy review, but I'm not any good at those. You can ask questions if you'd like, though. :p

I recommend this one, for sure!

reliantj

macrumors 6502
Sep 8, 2008
stay away from the Dr dre beat solos and studios.
i own a pair of solos, 3rd pair actually because they keep breaking.

i'm a best buy employee and even our dr dre shelf displays are all broken.

the breakage happens when you attempt to put them on. how ridiculous.

i'm waiting for mine to break yet again, so i can use the credit towards something else.

SpaceEdge

macrumors member
Jun 21, 2010
I'm a big Motorola S305 lover. Cheap, good, and no fancy schmancy.
I had a pair of those and the sound was horrible. It was like listening through a tin can. The size and weight was great but they sound was unbearable.