Bluetooth iPhone 4 Headphones

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by D4ND4N, Jul 23, 2010.

1. D4ND4N macrumors member

I'm looking for some wireless bluetooth headphones for the iPhone 4.

I need these for the Gym, or other activities

Anyone know any? Regards

2. Domino8282 macrumors 6502a

Domino8282

I'm planning to get these:

Plantronics 903/R US BackBeat Headphones
    http://amzn.com/B001TK3AC0

I've read great things about them... Only thing to note is that the controls (track skip, volume, etc.) use AVRCP which won't be supported until iOS version 4.1. This is the case with all bluetooth stuff as far as I know...

So they work just fine now, but you have to use the phone to control volume, skip tracks, etc., until the next iOS upgrade (which hopefully will come out in the next few months).

From what I've read, this particular headset has a great combination of comfort, sound quality and battery life. And it charges via mini-USB. Can't wait to get mine. :)

3. ilovegoodnugz macrumors regular

Sony Ericsson HBH-IS800 now that you can control volume on iphone, perfect for gym use.

4. makefunnyfaces macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A306 Safari/6531.22.7)

I just ordered those today after hearing a ton of good reviews. I was going to get the Dre Beats Solo HD (or whatever the exact name is), but when I found out they aren't wireless it was a no contest.

5. lorenwade macrumors 68000

lorenwade

Sweet! Don't forget to come back and tell us how they are!!! :D

6. D4ND4N thread starter macrumors member

So the iPhone 4 hasnt got fully functional bluetooth with headphones yet? becuase i dont want headphones that i need to have an extra adapter for them to work, i just want iPhone and Headphones.

Thanks for the reply's guys.

I was thinking Beats must be going wireless at some point soon surely, due to the fact there headphones look amazing, and the pricetag is WOW.

But thats what you pay for quality

7. ratman2356 macrumors member

I bought a Nokia BH-503. Decent sound but slightly muddied. Hooked up easily and all controls worked fine the first time I used it, FF Back, Pause stop volume all worked. Since then, the forward and back tracks don't work. I need to try pairing it again and see what happens. I hear people are having problems with the Bluetooth software in iOS 4.0 and 4.1. The added the AVDP BT software to bring it up to date with others in 4.1 but it seems buggy and of course support says nothing is wrong.

I got mine from Hong Kong. took two weeks but I got it for 25 bucks. Well worth that price, I would try something else tho if I had the 75-90 dollar stateside price.

8. green94 macrumors regular

Jaybird is actually releasing a new set of headphones simliar to their JB200's which look phenomenal. The release date keeps getting pushed back however :(

9. TurdFerguson macrumors 6502

I've been waiting forever for the blue buds to comeout!

10. sd13 macrumors regular

Unfortunately bluetooth stereo heaphones are too fragile for gym use. I went through 3 pairs of MOTOROKR S9HD sets and a sony bluetooth in-ear set and they all died from sweat causing water damage. I also read in a review on the jaybird that sweat damages that too.

11. TurdFerguson macrumors 6502

Jaybird has a lifetime warranty against sweat...

12. makefunnyfaces macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A306 Safari/6531.22.7)

I'm not really into the 200s. They look odd to me. :p But if I get the Sportsband & don't like it, I'll probably try them.

13. Domino8282 macrumors 6502a

Domino8282

Went ahead and ordered these. I'll report back when they arrive. For the price, they seemed better to me than the Jaybirds, and look less bulky for gym use. Plus, in order to get the super-duper sound quality with the Jaybirds, you have to hook up that extra adapter (and pay a crapload extra). The reviews I've read on the Plantronics say the sound quality is great, and if you search Youtube there's some glowing reviews from people who have used them in the gym.

As for the controls, I'm not worried about it since AVRCP will be fixed in iOS 4.1.

14. lorenwade macrumors 68000

lorenwade

No, it doesn't have fully functioning controls yet. However, it is in iOS 4.1 which is coming out later this year.

15. touchmonkey macrumors 6502

16. SpaceEdge macrumors member

17. TurdFerguson macrumors 6502

They have a different design then the 200s. I agree the 200s are very strange looking. I would feel weird wearing them.

18. makefunnyfaces macrumors 6502a

Awesome. I'll have to check into it. Thanks! :)

19. makefunnyfaces macrumors 6502a

I received my Sportsband yesterday, & I absolutely LOVE it. I went on a three mile jog last night, & it stood up just fine with the sweat. It's light, has a great battery, & sounds beautiful. I'd give ya a lengthy review, but I'm not any good at those. You can ask questions if you'd like, though. :p

I recommend this one, for sure!

20. reliantj macrumors 6502

stay away from the Dr dre beat solos and studios.
    i own a pair of solos, 3rd pair actually because they keep breaking.

i'm a best buy employee and even our dr dre shelf displays are all broken.

the breakage happens when you attempt to put them on. how ridiculous.

i'm waiting for mine to break yet again, so i can use the credit towards something else.

21. Cakester macrumors regular

I'm a big Motorola S305 lover. Cheap, good, and no fancy schmancy.

22. 3goldens macrumors 68000

3goldens

no fast skip or rewind oright on any of these?

23. SpaceEdge macrumors member

I had a pair of those and the sound was horrible. It was like listening through a tin can. The size and weight was great but they sound was unbearable.