Bluetooth iPods Soon?

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001
https://www.macrumors.com/images/macrumorsthreadlogodarkd.png

Stuff Magazine claims that despite a quiet 30th anniversary weekend for Apple, they have been working hard on a long rumored Bluetooth iPod.

...it looks like the [Bluetooth iPod] is finally ready to appear in the Apple store, along with a deluge of accessories.
The accompanying accessories are said to include bluetooth headphones, and the ability to broadcast to your car speakers.

A bluetooth enabled iPod has been long rumored, with multiple hints over the years (patent image describing an wireless iPod).

Steve Jobs, however, had previously stated that Bluetooth in the iPod wasn't a great option since the sound quality wasn't great and constantly recharging headphones was cumbersome.

amac4me

macrumors 65816
Apr 26, 2005
We all know what happens when Jobs denies a product. Case in point ... the Video capable iPod

stefan15

macrumors regular
Oct 2, 2005
Canada
Are there any solidly confirmed health risks of bluetooth exposure? I assume it's not as bad as a cellphone but I could be wrong.

DTphonehome

macrumors 68000
Apr 4, 2003
NYC
Speaking of "Quiet"...

Speaking of a "quiet 30th Anniversary weekend", WTF is with Apple? Not even acknowledging it with a graphic on their website? I mean, seriously! Everyone in the media and in the computer biz is giving Apple major kudos on a huge anniversary, and Apple doesn't say boo? Seriously, WTF?

Vagcmyevad

macrumors newbie
Aug 23, 2002
amac4me said:
We all know what happens when Jobs denies a product. Case in point ... the Video capable iPod
Just what I was thinking. If Jobs denies it, then Apple is almost always going to release it at a future date :cool: .

Sam*

macrumors regular
Feb 14, 2006
UK
Also someone could easilt steal the headphones stragiht off your heAD:eek:

spyderracer393

macrumors regular
Jan 8, 2006
Sean7512 said:
Figures, I JUST bought a 30GB video iPod after the anniversy passed :(
you do have the ability to return the iPod within 14 days, (supposing you bought it directly from Apple), althought I believe there is a restocking fee.

Spock

macrumors 68020
Jan 6, 2002
Vulcan
rye9 said:
I don't see a great benefit with these though... I dont mind wired headphones.
I agree, the wires are not bad at all, I think I would lose Wireless headphones anyway! This would be a bad move I think Steve has said in the past You cant take away a feature once its in place I dont like the idea

macintel4me

macrumors 6502
Jan 11, 2006
I CAN NOT stand running with my iPod because wires are going all over the place and the arm band just scraps against my side. It's so bothersome that its rendered my iPod Shuffle useless. Give my a wireless nano (or nano-like) iPod that I can stick on my belt or even under that laces of my shoe and I'll be happy. I hope it will be better than this rumored product because it looks pretty darn good!

hob

macrumors 68010
Oct 4, 2003
London, UK
I hope bluetooth neckphones are available

for those of you that don't know they look a little something like this

except where there's a middle-aged woman, there would be me.
and where there's a cable there would be none!

I have some Panasonic ones that I keep re-buying when they eventually break, because they're so comfortable and portable, and non inner-ear intrusive!

strangelogic

macrumors regular
Aug 23, 2003
CA
why bother

I don't care - unless the bluetooth is embedded in the video iPod. though I think the video iPod discussion is beginning to sound a bit like the G5 Powerbook discussion.
I had hoped for something new today - from Apple - as I wanted to buy myself a birthday gift...
Guess it is time for the new Alpine dual-din head unit for my car... oh wait - that isn't out yet either :mad:

boncellis

macrumors 6502
Feb 9, 2006
Salt Lake City
I don't see myself ever using wireless headphones, but including bluetooth functionality within the iPod is something I have been looking forward to. I would really like the wireless integration with car kits and the wireless syncing (Apple has made it a point to make bluetooth standard in more of its machines).

The other thing that makes me wonder about this "news" is that it's from "Stuff" which could mean that it's completely false, or that it's more reliable because of the distance between them and the Apple community.

Philberttheduck

macrumors 6502a
Mar 15, 2006
HB, CA
strangelogic said:
I don't care - unless the bluetooth is embedded in the video iPod.
as long as its together (or released together), i wouldn't mind. however, i'm more concerned with a video ipod, period. as long as the video ipod is released, i could really care less if it had bluetooth integrated.

bluetooth sounds appealing, but like all you guys have stated, a wire isn't so bad. especially with top-notch headphones in shure and etymotics.

m-dogg

macrumors 65816
Mar 15, 2004
Connecticut
Unless they make it sound considerably better than my bluetooth handsfree unit for my cell, I'm not interested.

ezekielrage_99

macrumors 68040
Oct 12, 2005
stefan15 said:
Are there any solidly confirmed health risks of bluetooth exposure? I assume it's not as bad as a cellphone but I could be wrong.
So BlueTooth headphones give you brain cancer?

I can just see the iPod ad for that one ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.