Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Hookemfins

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 13, 2013
Florida
iPhone 6 running iOS 9.2 and a GMC vehicle.

Whenever I disconnect from a call using my vehicles bluetooth, bluetooth tries to start an the last unopened music app that I used. The only 2 that I would use are SiriusXM or the Apple music app. When I hang up the previous radio station doesn't start up. The apps are closed. I believe this has started since installing 9.2.

Problem that has always existed is if I am scanning radio source and pass bluetooth, BT would still pick up previously closed app.

Is this an iOS issue or with vehicle bluetooth?

dmayer84

macrumors newbie
Jun 24, 2010
I have been having the same problem with a 2015 suburban and other family members having the same problem with 2014 and 2016 Cadillacs. Seems to be a iOS issue to me as it only started after the 9.2 update. I have also had music start playing while on a Bluetooth call 1 out of every 10 calls.

Sleaka J

macrumors regular
Mar 5, 2015
I've got a similar issue. I use the PocketCast app for my podcasts through Bluetooth in my car. If I'm listening to a podcast from that app and I switch off my car and come back later, it never goes back to the last thing I played (which should be the podcast I'm listening too). It starts playing music I have installed on my phone instead (seems quite fond of Phil Collins).

This only started since I installed 9.2. I've been searching for a solution and currently I've disabled "Suggested Apps" and if that fixes my problem, I'll let you know.

John Mcgregor

Suspended
Aug 21, 2015
Newport
Bluetooth is broken in iOS 9 for many, including me. Handoff is not working properly because of that, personal hotspots is not working properly because of that.

Reactions: dk001

chazcron

macrumors member
Aug 28, 2012
I had to downgrade to 9.1. Here's to hoping someone tries 9.2.1 Beta and reports that it fixes the bluetooth in-car iTunes autoplay bug.

Sleaka J

macrumors regular
Mar 5, 2015
I've had some success with turning off "Suggested Apps". It no longer goes to the music player every time. While I haven't been using PocketCasts to test this, I've been using Pandora and it resumes playing the last thing it was playing.

Danimal1313

macrumors member
Jan 12, 2013
iPhone 6 running iOS 9.2 and a GMC vehicle.

Whenever I disconnect from a call using my vehicles bluetooth, bluetooth tries to start an the last unopened music app that I used. The only 2 that I would use are SiriusXM or the Apple music app. When I hang up the previous radio station doesn't start up. The apps are closed. I believe this has started since installing 9.2.

Problem that has always existed is if I am scanning radio source and pass bluetooth, BT would still pick up previously closed app.

Is this an iOS issue or with vehicle bluetooth?

Same issue with my 2015 Sierra Denali. Siri Eyes Free (or phone calls) worked great on 9.1. Now 9.2 it always tries to change the source upon ending the interaction with the phone. Mine always tries the music app even though its not open. I've found that if I have the phone plugged into the USB port that goes to the Intellilink in the console, it works. Using bluetooth only is officially a PITA since 9.2

dmayer84

macrumors newbie
Jun 24, 2010
It has gotten so bad I want to downgrade to 9.1. Wish Apple would step up and fix this issue

Hookemfins

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 13, 2013
Florida
Even before this issue, if I accessed BT it would still play the last, previously closed, app. But now it just goes too BT after each disconnect.

MacintoshDan

macrumors 6502
Sep 24, 2013
YES!!! I have this issue as well. My father and brother are GM technicians. I tried troubleshooting my MyLINK in my 2014 Chevrolet Cruze. Our radios are not the problem. This has been happening since iOS 9.2. God is it driving me crazy. Hopefully Apple fixes this soon (Although honestly GM moves faster than Apple sometimes.) I don't think GM is aware of this specific issue (although they have pointed the finger at Apple in tech bulletins before)

cynics

macrumors G4
Jan 8, 2012
This has been an issue since the inception of Hey Siri. I've been reporting it since iOS 8. It's gotten worse for me because now Siri doesn't required being plugged in. It still has a relatively low occurrence rate but I talk on Bluetooth about 6-7 hours a day so I notice it more then a lot of people would.

Please goto

http://www.apple.com/feedback/

And leave feedback.

EDIT : Here is the first time I mentioned this bug in the iOS 8 forum.

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/time-for-a-siri-overhaul.1881280/#post-21273847

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.