Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

LarTeROn

macrumors member
Original poster
May 8, 2020
Hong Kong
When I hold the option key and click the bluetooth icon, as I did on previous versions of OSX, no options for resetting the bluetooth module are shown. In fact, no clickable items are there at all.

When I try option+shift, no menu comes up at all.

1) How can I fix this?
2) Is there a commandline work-around for Monterey? Previous search results I've found are aimed at previous OSX versions.

TIA!!

p.s. Bluetooth has been the worst thing about OSX since I started using it 5 years ago. Absolutely terrible :(

ivnj

macrumors 65816
Dec 8, 2006
I have M1 Mac mini 8gb ram 256 SSD.

I never knew about the reset option until I researched few minutes ago. Monterey removed that feature apparently. I don't know what the works around is however. I had fine bluetooth in Big Sur. But I installed 12.2.1 on an external and the bluetooth does not find my amazon luna controller. I made sure its in pairing mode. Nothing shows up in bluetooth in the system preferences. If I can't reset it then I don't know what to do.

LarTeROn

macrumors member
Original poster
May 8, 2020
Hong Kong
I _think_ I found a way but I'm not sure it really does the same thing as the reset module thing did before:

ps aux |grep blue

Then find the process for bluetoothd and kill it with

sudo kill -9 (process ID)

It will be automatically respawned. Does this help? It didn't help me but maybe it'll help you.

I found that my bluetooth mouse comes up as BT4.0 or BT3.0. I was able to connect one time with BT3.0 but after rebooting, it's hard to get it to connect again, and when it does actually connect, it won't actually move the cursor on screen.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.