Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacKai

macrumors regular
Jun 15, 2010
East Bay Area, CA
I have the same problem but one added problem. Seems like when I am in a wifi area that my ip4 connects automatically, my BT will connect and reconnect. I will just be walking around and hear it beeping in my ear as it disconnects and reconnects. may happen 5-6 times an hour or so. Tried two different models of BT, on motorolla the other a plantronics. Anyone having this problem?

Same issue I have. I bet you it is not a software issue. I bet it is the design of the antenna. I can not go more then two feet from my phone before it drops. Never had this issue with the 3G or 3GS. As beautiful of a design this is. Seems like Apple drop the ball!!!

WilliamG

macrumors G3
Mar 29, 2008
Seattle
Same issue I have. I bet you it is not a software issue. I bet it is the design of the antenna. I can not go more then two feet from my phone before it drops. Never had this issue with the 3G or 3GS. As beautiful of a design this is. Seems like Apple drop the ball!!!

It's NOTHING to do with the antenna. Some people are reporting the same issue with iOS4 on the 3GS, and I can go all the way across my house with BT on my iPhone 4 WHEN the BT is behaving. When it's not, I sound like I'm underwater.

bmwhd

macrumors 6502a
May 22, 2008
Fixed!

Apple dev support just updated my open defect indicating that this issue is resolved as of iOS 4.1 beta 3!

That is consistent with my testing as well.

WilliamG

macrumors G3
Mar 29, 2008
Seattle
Apple dev support just updated my open defect indicating that this issue is resolved as of iOS 4.1 beta 3!

That is consistent with my testing as well.

Wow, awesome! That really is super. :) Can't wait for 4.1, then, as long as a jailbreak comes out. I have too much money invested in buying apps on Cydia to give it up!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.