bluetooth security- airport PA accessed my ITunes?

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by bradleyhaha, Oct 23, 2012.

1. bradleyhaha macrumors newbie

I just had an odd experience and was hoping someone could enlighten me with info or links/ threads to look at.

While traveling via airplane today, I carried my iPad and bluetooth keyboard in my handbag. I did not disable Bluetooth or Wi-Fi, but had the SmartCover on. Two weird things happened:

1. The airport P.A. played the music that happens to be downloaded to my iPad. I have only only ever bought two albums and they are both very esoteric classical music. The chances that songs from both of these albums were coincidentally selected by an airport broadcast system are extremely remote.

2. When I got on the plane, my iPad was disabled and the message told me to try again in 23 minutes.

Did the airport system connect to my iPad by mistake? How could it access my music when I have general system password enabled? Or, was I hallucinating and hearing the music blasting from my iPad inside my bag? (My travel partner says tis wasn't the case). I didn't turn it on, but maybe the TSA scanners did something? However, when I checked to see what apps had recently been opened, neither iTunes nor the default Music app had been opened in the past several weeks. I am baffled!

2. blueroom macrumors 603

blueroom

3. bradleyhaha thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes, probably mishearing!

Thanks, blueroom. I just tested it and I think that it is very possible that I heard my own iPad. (Volume was on high) I guess that my Music started playing spontaneously and the noise from the airport confused my travel partner and I into thinking that it was the P.A. Still doesn't explain the password problem, but I think I remember seeing that others have had problems with iTunes starting up without being activated, so I'll look into that.

----------

I am guessing that this happened:
    http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?p=16116542#post16116542

Password thing is weird, but maybe other buttons got pressed. I should learn more about the Apple keyboard!