Blutooth Earbuds For Gym

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by lordofthereef, Dec 5, 2014.

1. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

Hello folks,
    I am looking to finally delve into bluetooth earbuds for when I excersise.

I am currently using yurbuds and amd pretty happy with them. Their bluetooth set gets a lower rating than their corded varieties though (though they aren't out of the question still). Going to add a list of criteria from most important to least (though everything on the list does still matter to me). Maybe some of you can recommend me something.

1. Durability: I fully realize that gym buds are going to get beat, drenched, and will likely eventually fail. I end up getting a new pair around every year with the yurbuds. Since these will be over $100, presumably, I'd like something that lasts at least that long.

2. No earloop: can;t stand it. Not an option/ It's the main reason I swear by yurbuds.

3. At least 5 hours of battery. Is that asking a lot? I think that's reasonable. That lets me get at least two good workous in before I charge it. I'd like charge every day, but if I forget once I don't want to be without tunes

4. Sound quality: if they're going to sound awful, I'd rather chuck them. I know things are relative, but I did mention I am ok with the yurbuds and they are certainly not king of soundquality.

2. lordofthereef thread starter macrumors G5

lordofthereef

Care to elaborate why you are recommending them? :)

3. Jigga macrumors 6502

4. joaodrp macrumors newbie

5. AuroraProject macrumors 65816

AuroraProject

Exactly this.

6. lordofthereef, Dec 6, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2014

lordofthereef thread starter macrumors G5

lordofthereef

I appreciate the recommendations on the bluebuds... but would appreciate if people mentioned what they like about them too!

EDIT: Well, watched some reviews and I think I am sold! Wife can grab them for under 90 bucks. Will be trying these as early as tomorrow.

7. HowEver macrumors 6502a

HowEver

As much as I like the Blue Buds X sound, the ear gels and wings constantly come loose. Does using the Comply Foams prevent that?

8. AuroraProject macrumors 65816

AuroraProject

Yes, I have the same issue with the ear gels. Once I switched to the Comply tips they stopped coming loose. I can run and they stay put. They do provide more isolation though, so you have to be more aware of your surroundings if you're running outdoors.

9. Meltdownblitz macrumors 65816

Where at? I'm looking to pick some up as well and $90 seems pretty cheap.

10. lordofthereef thread starter macrumors G5

lordofthereef

Wife is manager at Best Buy. So it's an employee price. They do have the white ones in sale right now for $130 though.

11. Richdmoore macrumors 68000

Richdmoore

12. lordofthereef thread starter macrumors G5

lordofthereef

Ended up getting the blubuds (stock tips) and have been happy so far. I will probably buy the other tips but I didn't want to drop money on them if I ended up not liking these. They are a bit spendy. So far I can say you get what you pay for in terms of sound quality, especially for a set of sports buds. Hopefully they withstand daily torture. Went ahead and bought the replacement plan anyway just in case. :)

13. 01silver4 macrumors 6502a

01silver4

U have to try the wings and comply foams to get it right.

14. shenan1982 macrumors 68040

shenan1982

What's the point in getting the adaptor which connects to the headphone wire when ultimately if you're going to use wired headphones you can just connect the wire to the phone?

15. moman macrumors newbie

Comply has a few tips for the blue buds, which ones are you guys using?

16. lordofthereef thread starter macrumors G5

lordofthereef

In my case it wouldn't be a terrible way to go. I leave my phone in my bag so that it doesn't get damaged while lifting. It's also s good way to just use cheap buds (or maybe just your favorite that they don't make wireless). My main concern with these buds is that I dropped $90 on them... Don't think I soent $90 total on the 2-3 yurbuds I've gone through over the years. Either way, I've been happy with them; additional warranty was a no brainer though.

17. jdecosta macrumors member

18. TheAppleFairy macrumors 68020

TheAppleFairy

I got mine for about $130 on Amazon and I thought that was a great price. The sounds quality is great on these and battery has a great life. They don't fall out of "MY" ears at all. Not sure if others have issues, I have recommended these as well.

I wonder what their next generation will be like.

19. bigjim83 macrumors 6502

When is the next gen due to come out? I'd hate to jump on a pair and have the new ones come out right after.

20. TheAppleFairy macrumors 68020

TheAppleFairy

Looks like they don't announce it. Probably not to hurt sales, if you can get a good price on these I think it is worth it. They are surprisingly light, stay stay in your ears well and the battery last many hours. Not to mention the sound quality is really good.

21. wongster macrumors regular

I had the first gen jaybird freedom and they were great. lasted me about almost 3 years before they wouldn't hold a charge any more. was using the wings until they got uncomfortable and i went with the decibullz custom molds and those never fell out of my ears.

22. ihonda macrumors 68000

was unaware BB manager discount is that high, must be per category.

23. AutoUnion39 macrumors 601

AutoUnion39

I did the same thing. Nothing beats the Bose in-ears for comfort. They are fantastic. Sound quality is good too. I have these water/sweatproof ones.
    http://www.amazon.com/Bose-Freestyl...qid=1420482579&sr=8-1&keywords=bose+freestyle