Bold faced lie

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Stay Tuned, Jul 16, 2010.

1. Stay Tuned macrumors member

'Percent of ALL iPhone users"? .55% of APPLECARE USERS, not all iPhone users Steve. Your data is flawed, your statement is a lie. I don't have applecare, no one called me to ask if I had issues, so how can you lump me into the "All iPhone Users" group?

[​IMG]

2. aforty macrumors 65816

aforty

He's talking about people who called into AppleCare (i.e. Customer Service). Get a grip.

3. deeddawg macrumors 604

So if you buy a new phone and call customer support, who are you talking to if not AppleCare?

4. serialtoon macrumors 6502a

serialtoon

Wow so far this press conference is a joke. Its like "heres how we are going to fix the problem, but before we do that...let me show you how wrong you are."

5. joshwithachance macrumors 68000

joshwithachance

people that use internet forums represent about .10% of ALL iPhone users so what makes you think that there's an epidemic? we bitch and complain about EVERY little thing...

6. Espionage32 macrumors regular

7. theman510 macrumors 6502

Why would I call them knowing the problem is there for a fact and that there is no fix for it? Calling or going into the store wouldn't do anything. I think most people were just thinking "I'll wait it out and trust that Apple will fix it one way or another".

8. Stay Tuned thread starter macrumors member

Thats a very big unreported number, I fall into the group of people who haven't officially reported it, and are waiting to see what happens.

9. zizo79 macrumors 6502a

zizo79

What ever happened to the Applecare script lol

10. LordOBoogie macrumors 6502a

LordOBoogie

Uh, everyone who calls customer service about a new product is calling AppleCare. Duhr.

11. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

It bothers me that he is using only US data...what about the others countries with issues? i bet those numbers will look different

12. Sledutah macrumors regular

What's this crap about 3gs users didn't see the problem because they used the same case as the 3g!
    I've never used a case with the 3gs, it never lost signal completely like this POS.

Tell us what your going to do to fix the proximity sensor............:mad:

13. applelies2much macrumors newbie

every single slide has at least one lie in it.

14. darngooddesign macrumors G3

Hey genius, he said iPhone users who called.

Also, everyone has a year of AppleCare on new purchase.

15. falconeight Guest

falconeight

No need for a bumper or recall if you don't like it return it

16. Halon X macrumors regular

Statistically, probably not.

The biggest difference / variable in other countries will be the cellular providers and their infrastructure.

17. zizo79 macrumors 6502a

zizo79

My iPhone is going back...that is it ! I will wait for the next one ! I do not need a free case !
    Edit: I might get the white iPhone

18. rorschach macrumors 68020

rorschach

And you KNOW for a fact this is a lie, how? Provide some proof.

BTW anytime you call customer support you are calling AppleCare. You do not need to buy APP to call support (which you get 1 year of when you buy the phone anyway).

19. paperboyCCC macrumors newbie

I called Applecare when my iPhone4 had problems, but most people would rather gripe on the message boards. I didn't bother returning my phone since they are in high demand - I sold it on eBay.

20. dccorona macrumors 68020

dccorona

“So, I’ve got some other updates. We’re tracking some problems with the proximity sensor, we’ll have that in the next update. White iPhone: lot of people are waiting for it, and they’ll start shipping at the end of July in limited quantities.”

If you'd pay attention you'd see that they DID mention what they're going to do
    they're gonna fix it in the next update

21. pukifloyd macrumors 6502a

pukifloyd

22. niuniu macrumors 68020

niuniu

A man of the people. The right sort of people.
    I think we all knew if was going to be a BS fest when the statistics came :D

23. Sayer macrumors 6502a

Sayer

First of all its a BALD face lie, not bold face. Although it may have been bold text.

Anywho, every time you sync your iPhone it dumps lots of log files and metrics to iTunes which eventually uploads this info to Apple.

This log info is mostly any crash logs (theres a lot of "apps" making an iPhone work that may crash sometimes that you never see and may result in a "dropped" call).

There is also stats on how many calls you made, how many were successful and how many failed.

Trust me, Apple knows how many people have recurring dropped calls, where they were (geographically) and how many dropped calls were software app crashes.

And for the record the Android signal display would show full bars for a weaker signal than even the iPhone 3.x or 4.0 OS did. No one is pitching a fit over how the signal drops so much in some areas on Android, wonder why?

Scroll down here for the Android signal strength to "bars" chart.

http://www.anandtech.com/show/3821/iphone-4-redux-analyzing-apples-ios-41-signal-fix

24. samcraig macrumors P6

How about a stat illustrating how many people have exchange their iPhone at the stores because of the issue? Where's that stat.

And see below... So true... the tests on all the other phones weren't the same...

"0:43AM Ryan from gdgt: You showed people almost covering the entire phone in their hand, but on the iPhone 4 it can happen with just a touch. Can you explain that difference?
    Bob: When you touch the phone, you put yourself between the signal and your phone, so when you touch that spot you can attenuate the signal, and if you grip it with your whole hand, you can attenuate it even more. We don't build phones with an antenna on top...

Hmm, that didn't really sound like an answer to us."

25. palmerc2 macrumors 65816

palmerc2

well I have signal bar drop in certain areas,

also putting my pinky finger on the antenna causes data to come to a grinding hault, then continue when I let go

I haven't called Apple Care about this, so really that 0.55% of users experiencing problems is probably more like 3% just saying......

anyone else having minor problems, but not call AppleCare?