Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

A bonus episode of the Apple Original Series "Mythic Quest" will arrive on Apple TV+ on Friday, April 16, ahead of the show's second season (via Deadline).

mythic-quest-bonus-episode.jpg

"Everlight" will be a standalone half-hour episode of the video game studio comedy, following the one-off special "Mythic Quest: Quarantine," which came out in May 2020 and was shot on iPhones.

The bonus episode will follow the Mythic Quest crew as they return to the office for their annual Everlight party, and features Anthony Hopkins as a guest star.

The second season of Mythic Quest will follow on Friday, May 7, showing the crew as they attempt to build upon the success of Raven's Banquet by launching a new expansion.

Article Link: Bonus Episode of 'Mythic Quest' Coming Ahead of Season 2 Premiere

mnsportsgeek

macrumors 68040
Feb 24, 2009
I've briefly started watching this twice now and it's yet to hook me. As I love the subject matter I'm sure it's only a matter of time before I'm addicted. Perhaps I'll try lining up my season 1 watching with the premiere of season 2. I hate running out of episodes to binge of a show I like.
If you don't like it by episode 4 or 5 then you can dump it.

DotCom2

macrumors 603
Feb 22, 2009
I didn't like this series at first but I kept watching and it got a lot better as it went along. I will watch the next series for sure. It takes time to develop the characters.

FightTheFuture

macrumors 68000
Oct 19, 2003
that town east of ann arbor
If you don't like it by episode 4 or 5 then you can dump it.
It was episode 5 that really hooked me. The chemistry between Jack Johnson and Cristin Milioti was an endearing segue to the show’s formula and showed the show could go beyond than the established cast and material. The critics only had episodes 1-3 for early review so it made me wonder if the show would’ve picked up a bigger audience if they held on to ep 5.

scuac

macrumors regular
Mar 2, 2008
I couldn’t get past the second episode on this. I should try it again.

I have noticed that this has become much more common lately in television. Where shows are slow to start and get into and you have to “make it past the few first episodes” before getting into it, why is that? Is this a newish trend or has it always been this way? I don’t remember having that issue a decade or more ago. Most recently I tried Schitt’s Creek. I couldn’t stand the first three episodes but I forced myself to get through them since the reviews where so good, and the show got so much better after.

mattopotamus

macrumors G5
Jun 12, 2012

I have noticed that this has become much more common lately in television. Where shows are slow to start and get into and you have to “make it past the few first episodes” before getting into it, why is that? Is this a newish trend or has it always been this way? I don’t remember having that issue a decade or more ago. Most recently I tried Schitt’s Creek. I couldn’t stand the first three episodes but I forced myself to get through them since the reviews where so good, and the show got so much better after.

I highly suggest giving it another go. I very much agree the first two episodes were hard to get through, but then the show really takes off. I believe this is common with new shows. You have to understand the characters, specifically their humor, before the show lands.

It has one of the best stand alone episodes of any show I've seen. I believe it is episode 4, characters that are not related to the main story line. They do more in that 30 minute episodes than movies with 3 hour run times pull off, or shows over a 10 episode season.

qoop

macrumors 6502
Feb 4, 2021
THE UNITED KINGDOM

Keep trying something you hate until you change your mind.

• Love
  • Disagree
Reactions: Huck and dman22

Bandaman

macrumors 65816
Aug 28, 2019
Seriously? 😂
Yes.

I highly suggest giving it another go. I very much agree the first two episodes were hard to get through, but then the show really takes off. I believe this is common with new shows. You have to understand the characters, specifically their humor, before the show lands.

It has one of the best stand alone episodes of any show I've seen. I believe it is episode 4, characters that are not related to the main story line. They do more in that 30 minute episodes than movies with 3 hour run times pull off, or shows over a 10 episode season.
That's how Parks and Rec was for me. Couldn't stand it at first and then it just became absolutely hilarious.

mazz0

macrumors 68030
Mar 23, 2011
Leeds, UK
That's how Parks and Rec was for me. Couldn't stand it at first and then it just became absolutely hilarious.
I was going to say the same thing - I've never seen such a total jump in quality as there was from season 1 to season 2 of Parks and Rec. And then a substantial drop back in quality for seasons 6 and 7 :(

zedsdead

macrumors 68040
Jun 20, 2007
One of the best Apple TV+ Shows. Can’t wait for season two. They also had the best quarantine style episode of any tv show by far.

• Love
Reactions: Ar40
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.