Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

garlicbread24

macrumors member
Apr 29, 2015
that or I could see a new feature with the new touch force phones coming out. hard press to get like or dislike options.

boston04and07

macrumors 68000
May 13, 2008
I'm curious as to how it handles subscribed content. If I subscribe to the New York Times, will the app allow me to access all their articles as opposed to just the 10 free ones per day (or however many it is?)

KALLT

macrumors 603
Sep 23, 2008
I'm curious as to how it handles subscribed content. If I subscribe to the New York Times, will the app allow me to access all their articles as opposed to just the 10 free ones per day (or however many it is?)

Doesn't seem like it, at least nothing is mentioned on their developer pages. Content providers can only control the feeds, opt out and decide whether iAds should be placed or not. It looks more like a glorified RSS reader, only curated by Apple. At best this competes with Flipboard. I think the real benefit is probably is relation to Siri and Spotlight. Once Apple starts indexing all that content, they will have a pretty good database to compete with Google.

Last edited:

garlicbread24

macrumors member
Apr 29, 2015
I was testing just that. I was able to click on all NYT content without it blocking me. with that said there was only about 20 things showing up from them. and only about 10 were from the past 24 hours.

Michael Goff

Suspended
Jul 5, 2012
You expected a first release product to have all the features of one that's been out for years?

boston04and07

macrumors 68000
May 13, 2008
I was testing just that. I was able to click on all NYT content without it blocking me. with that said there was only about 20 things showing up from them. and only about 10 were from the past 24 hours.

Interesting. Hope this type of thing does get added in at some point! It'd be nice to be able to reduce the number of apps I have installed.

kmores

macrumors newbie
Jun 3, 2014
For me, they shoved it onto the next page for no apparent reason. Not to sound like an idiot, or call you one, but maybe they did that for you?

Haha. No offence taken, but nope..definitely not on my phone, on any screen. Nor does it show up in search.

garlicbread24

macrumors member
Apr 29, 2015
Haha. No offence taken, but nope..definitely not on my phone, on any screen. Nor does it show up in search.
I read somewhere changing your location to US and rebooting your phone may cause it to show up. Not sure how valid that is.

kmores

macrumors newbie
Jun 3, 2014
I read somewhere changing your location to US and rebooting your phone may cause it to show up. Not sure how valid that is.

Tried that, but can't seem to get my region changed. Keeps giving me grief about apple music.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.